Question 1980 deck dimensions and ride compared to fiberglass rig

I am considering selling my 07’ 519VX Tour Edition and buying a 1980. I was hoping someone might have the front deck dimensions of a 1980 so I could compare to my Ranger. Has anyone come out of a 19ft fiberglass to a 1980? If so, how does the ride and fish ability compare. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Brian
    Last edited by bspalding; 11-04-2018 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

2. Member
    Brian, I have a 2017 Ranger z185 that is currenrly for sale because i ordered an AVX2080. I had the privilege of driving and fishing from a 2080 for 3 days and my experience is that the vexus rides and handles better than my ranger and fishes just as good as my ranger. Some may say it blows around a little more but I honestly didnt notice a difference. I am viewing my 2080 purchase as buying a glass boat but saving 20k from buying an actual glass boat. I dont have measurements but I'm sure someone will chime in soon with them. You will absoultely not be disappointed if you purchase a Vexus.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

3. Member
    I'd be interested in front deck dimensions of both the 1980 and the 1880. Maybe width at the seat post, width at the front of the consoles, and length from the front of the trolling tray to the back of the front deck. Im in a 1995 Ranger 481VS now, I would imagine these are a little larger, but I havent made it to a dealer yet to measure for myself. From everything I read and videos, these boats look really nice. I always said, I would just repower my boat when the time came, but I really like what Vexus packages in these boats.

4. Member
    Thank You Sir!!

is there plenty of room to move around when you have rods on both side of front deck?

5. Member
    Yes sir, plenty of room. I dont fish with a seat if that makes a difference. I felt I had plenty of room with 5 rods on each side which is the same setup i have in my Ranger. Didnt notice a difference. Plenty of room for 2 guys to fish on the front deck as well.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS