Upsizing electronics on Basscat console

Been looking at several Cats. If I want to install a bigger flush mount unit in the driver's console is it just a matter of cutting a bigger hole? Some have 7" and I would want a newer bigger unit.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Yep - that’s what I did

3. Member
    Ok just making sure there is nothing additional needed.
    Thanks

4. Member
    Depends on the Basscat's console. The newer style with the graph mounted in the middle will take the larger graph. The older ones, with the graph mounts to the right side will not flush mount the larger units.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Depends on model and year.
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

6. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by cal z20 View Post
    Been looking at several Cats. If I want to install a bigger flush mount unit in the driver's console is it just a matter of cutting a bigger hole? Some have 7" and I would want a newer bigger unit.
    Thanks
    Check this out. Lots of models and photos
    https://precisionsonar.com/product-p...cket-bass-cat/

Attached Images Attached Images

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

7. Member
    On the link above, there is one on the red 2007 Cougar that I was referring to as the "older" units.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

I have the first Precision Sonar mount pictured with an HDS12. Now that I am changing out units, it is nice to know that no additional holes or modifications are needed for my new units.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    Call Sherm, get a Sherm's mount.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I have the first Precision Sonar mount pictured with an HDS12. Now that I am changing out units, it is nice to know that no additional holes or modifications are needed for my new units.
    Thats one of the reasons I will never flush mount again. With a mount like that if you have the same unit up front you can swap around if you have an issue with one of them. Its also easier for me to reach the screen or buttons when driving. You can also change the angle for different lighting. You can swap units without cutting holes etc.

What about those of us with the smaller flush mounted graphs? We don't have as much area for a large mount, but I would still like to have my Onix 10 mounted on the console. I've looked at the Sherm's mount and I like it, but seems like there is a long wait to get one. The precision Sonar ones above look really big - do you offer a smaller version that would fit and still hold a 10" graph?

Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater All Day View Post
    What about those of us with the smaller flush mounted graphs? We don't have as much area for a large mount, but I would still like to have my Onix 10 mounted on the console. I've looked at the Sherm's mount and I like it, but seems like there is a long wait to get one. The precision Sonar ones above look really big - do you offer a smaller version that would fit and still hold a 10" graph?

Thanks!

I've got a P2, 2007 so same dash. I had Sherm make me a mount several years ago for my HDS 7's. I just switched to HB and with a little modification it holds my 9" Helix just fine. I'm not sure about the Onix but the 10" Helix is the same physical size as the 9" (I've got a 10" at the bow).

Thanks, I guess I need to call Sherm's...I've filled out their online form twice and not gotten any response. I'm sure he is busy now, but hopefully will slow down some over the winter to make me one!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

I’d use a mount like Bass Bost Technologies, Precision, Sonsr, etc. Rutgers than flush mount and cut out a huge hole. Then if you change units, get a bigger one, it’s a non issue. I really like my Bass Boat Technologies Mount and the only holes are the ones for the screws to mount the plate.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater All Day View Post
    Thanks, I guess I need to call Sherm's...I've filled out their online form twice and not gotten any response. I'm sure he is busy now, but hopefully will slow down some over the winter to make me one!
    I've always just given him a call. He is a busy guy and I know he messed up his shoulder not long ago but he's always really helpful and will get back to you pretty quick.

16. Member
    I use Bass Boat Technologies on my bow and console and really like them. Quick response and great customer service.

17. Member
    +1 for Sherm