Ulterra won’t Deploy

Helping a friend with his Ulterra. It will not deploy with either the remote or foot pedal. There is a message on the remote “motor error” and it beeps about once per second.
    It is only 6 months old, so it will be a warranty repair but closest ASC is 2 hours. Just want to be sure there is not something simple we can fix before making the drive.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

2. Member
    Bill, make sure there is no debris that is causing the motor to bind. Also, make sure the mount and/or the "lock arm" on the transmission isn't binding on the side of the mount. Can you hear the deploy motor try to run but cuts out?
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Thanks, I cannot hear the motor trying to engage. I am in route to Caddo this morning, I will call Buddy and have him check for Debris. Will be in touch.

4. Member
    There are a couple of things you can do. First ensure the power is off. then apply power to the troll motor. press the power button and hold it down. the red lite will flash for a few seconds then the green will flash. release the power button. then turn power off then back on. See if unit will deploy.
    If not then try this second procedure. Turn the troll motor power on by depressing the power button. it will beep, then immediately push the power button three times. motor should go through a learn procedure where it will relearn the position of the troll motor and the trim module.
    If neither of these work then I would have him bring to an ASC.

Thanks Guys. I have been out of cell range for the last 3 days and could not reach Buddy. Talked to him this afternoon. He took his unit to an ASC and they replaced the deploy motor (my terminology, may not be correct).
    Thanks for your replies.

6. Banned
    Keep the repair ASC on speed dial and have them stock up on the auto deploy components.