installing a hydrowave

I posted a question over on the owners site and I might have not explained myself clearly . What is best/easiest way to ire a hydrowave in a 2014 puma I am unable to remove the plate in the bow that holds the trim up/down buttons as well as the nav and anchor light ,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pumamac View Post
    I posted a question over on the owners site and I might have not explained myself clearly . What is best/easiest way to ire a hydrowave in a 2014 puma I am unable to remove the plate in the bow that holds the trim up/down buttons as well as the nav and anchor light ,thanks
    I am about to install one this week on my Eyra. I plan on connecting the Hydrowave to the wire powering my front graph. Is that an option for you?

3. Member
    That might not a bad idea not sure which is the power cable as I have 858 humminbird DI in the bow which is networked to the 958 in the dash . So there is four wires which hook up to the back ofthe unit . I was going to try and use the feed off the switch in the bow plate but I think someone at the factory used silicon in addition to the two screws that hold the plate in place

4. Member
    I'll assume that the factory wired in your front graph, and that there is a clam shell covering the hole for entry. Remove the clam shell, and follow the power wire from the graph. It likely goes up behind the bow panel somewhere, so you will probably have to remove the bow (trolling motor) panel, and tie into the graph power. There may even be an extra pos and neg behind the trolling motor panel that you can use instead.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

I have the same boat. I removed my trolling motor pedal, cut a hole the same size they now do at Basscat, 4 inch hole saw blade I think it was. installed my wiring to acc switch on panel . then I covered hole with the plate they use at the factory now. It is the same size as the one on passenger wall. Then I reinstall the trolling motor pedal over it. all good !!
    2014 Puma FTD 250 Merc Pro XS

6. Member
    His 2014 may already have that access port. It was around that time that BCB started putting them in on some of the models. My 2015 P2 has that access under the foot pedal.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

I installed my Hydrowave two days ago, took just a few minutes. I tapped in to my front graph power. I took out two of the screws of the cover where the wires run, pulled it to the side, and pulled the power cable out enough to see where it was connected. If it’s connected very far back it may be easier to access through the drivers side rod locker, assuming it was run down that side. I was able to easily pull the power cable enough to see where it was connected, cut it, then wired it back together.

I don’t want mine on the carpeted deck area, I like it clean and neat so put it in the recessed area in front of where the marker buoys go on my Eyra. I’d like it raised a few inches, does anyone have any ideas of a mount to raise it? I just have it velcroed down with industrial strength Velcro right now until I confirm exactly where I want it.
    Last edited by C130; 11-11-2018 at 03:20 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    His 2014 may already have that access port. It was around that time that BCB started putting them in on some of the models. My 2015 P2 has that access under the foot pedal.
    I've had the foot pedal of there is no access panel under the petal. I'm getting the boat back home tomorrow and will keep everyone updated

I had my Hydrowave velcroed down with industrial strength Velcro until I figured out how I wanted to permanently mount it. I ordered a 1” suction cup RAM Mount off of Amazon and received it yesterday. I got a 3” arm for it and it’s about the perfect height when installed in the front recessed area by the marker buoys in my Eyra. Sits right in front of my Helix unit. The suction mount seems to have a very strong, I don’t see it coming loose and it’s very easy to remove.