Thread: Trail cameras?

Trail cameras?

What brands are good,which ones to stay away from?Thanks

2. Member
    I have been buying the browning dark ops. They take great videos. I think the photos are ok. On the video setting there is also sound. Cabela’s will run them on sale for around $100. Get the Cabela’s coupon for spen $100 get $20 off. For $80. They can’t be beat IMO. I have 5 of them. They work great!

3. Banned
    Some people say the Wildgame cameras are junk.I have 5 not the best but do what I need them too.For the price one gets stolen didn't lose much.Though we do not have a serious trespassing problem,I have seen 2 on camera,never seen them before.They did not see camera,but what would they have done if they did see it.

4. Member
    I’ve tried Cuddeback, Moultrie, Muddy, wild game innovations, and bushnell. The bushnell trophy cam is the best camera I have used. I have 15 Bushnell cams and have 4 moultrie cams that still function. The wild game cameras usually last a season or two, the moultrie cams do not have a long night range but are decent. The bushnell cams take quality pics with a good flash/glow range at night. Mine range from 8-20 MP.
    2016 Ranger Z518
    2018 Ranger Z518
    2019 Ranger RT198P, 150 Pro 4s, Dual Blades

My favorite are the browning. got my first stealth cam, not pulled the card on it to see how it does, so I can't report on it yet.

All Brownings here, no problems.

7. Member
    Keep an eye open for sales and old model closeouts on name brands. Then research the model before you buy. Seems almost every line has some duds and you'll see a lot of complaints about it after it's been out a while. Trigger speed is super important for actual trail use but less so for scrapes and feeders so match your needs to the strong points of the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    All Brownings here, no problems.
    Same
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

9. Member
    Agree that Bushnell is among the best "cheap" cameras in my opinion. I have several I paid $70 on ebay and they're working great after 3 years. I've heard Browning is also good but don't have personal experience with them.

Spypoint is one to stay away from. Whole thread on AT about this..

Thanks everyone..I'll check out the Brownings,and Bushnells

11. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I just saw this. I have slowly converted every cam to cuddeback e3’s. Try to get them on sale. Battery life is excellent, photos are crisp and clear. Video is great. I have no bad experience with them. Well built, have a couple that are going in 6 years I believe and as good as the day I bought them. If I could upload pics, I would show you the clarity. Unbelievable day and night.

12. Member
    Bushnell's are good(one is original AA canera bought still working going on 9 yes), some luck with Moultries. pretty accurate on WG had them all die in few years. I'm on fence about Stealth Cams and 1 Cuddeback not impressed. I have friend probably had 100 Coverts with great luck and other friends are Spartan staff and they work good but $$$

13. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I've been using the bushnells since they started making them. I still have and use the first I bought, the second got stolen. I had two I broke the lens seal out of in my bag rain got in and messed them up, sent them back they replaced or repaired them. All of mine still run with no issues...I will say I'm a fan!

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Cuddeback! They’re definitely more expensive but unlike my Stealth Cams and Wildgame cams once I got a Cuddeback I stopped getting false pics, over saturation, the deer are almost always in the center and in focus.

I wouldnt put one out on public land but I do like the fact that if I see 200 pics were take. Then I will have 200 pics.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV