Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Jane and I will fish till we have ice in our neck of the woods theeeennnn off to the Cape till ice gets in the way down there...? All small ponds with jerk baits and shallow cranks...
    In 2012 we fished all year, it was a very good year with 2367 bass...

2. Member
    Well the dreaded day came and I put the boat away for the year. I may have a problem but I did sit in it for at least a half hour before I drained the lower unit fluid..... Guess i had to say my goodbyes for the year.

3. Member
    I got out today. Dressed in more layers than I usually do when I go snowboarding, that wind was kicking my butt. Got in about 2 hours of fishing before my wife called me back home because our youngest is sick and was being difficult. Managed 6 largies, all on a jerkbait. Took me awhile to get into a groove and find them, but once I did, I managed all 6 in about an hour.

4. Member
    What depth did the jerkbait run? How were the water surface temps? Was planning on hitting massabesic tomorrow. I was out late last week and found most of my fish dropshoting in 20-35ft. All smallmouth
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jprovencher80 View Post
    What depth did the jerkbait run? How were the water surface temps? Was planning on hitting massabesic tomorrow. I was out late last week and found most of my fish dropshoting in 20-35ft. All smallmouth
    I was fishing a very small, shallow pond. About 60 acres, average depth of 9 feet, max depth of 15 feet. I think I was getting it down about 4 feet, I was throwing the Megabass Vision 110. Surface temps were 41-42 degrees where I found them. Fishing the sunny (north) shore, wind was blowing parallel to the bank from left to right, and it was cutting across a wide break in the shoreline where a channel starts. They were stacked up on the left (upwind) point of that channel, caught all of my fish within 50 feet of that point. Anywhere from 10-15 seconds on the pause.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info

7. Member
    Hit massabesic today. 44* surface temps. Couldn't find baitfish anywhere. Found 9 smallmouth in one area on the dropshot. Dinks. All dinks.

8. Member
    Jane and I hit the Cape today and it was just slow, two ponds and tree bass to show for it ? And I caught 0...

Quote Originally Posted by red tzx 190 View Post
    Jane and I hit the Cape today and it was just slow, two ponds and tree bass to show for it ? And I caught 0...

Tree bass ? That's where fish sticks come from.
    Glad you two got out
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

I went out to a small pond today.
    Water temp was 41. I caught 8 keepers and 2 rats.
    Nothing big maybe 2 1/4 lg. Half on a 110 half on a jig.
    Anthrax

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Tree bass ? That's where fish sticks come from.
    Glad you two got out
    Ha.Ha I was still cold when I put this post on......

Ha.Ha I was still cold when I put this post on......

What are the water temps there ?
    Anthrax

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jprovencher80 View Post
    Hit massabesic today. 44* surface temps. Couldn't find baitfish anywhere. Found 9 smallmouth in one area on the dropshot. Dinks. All dinks.
    That's a lake I intend to put more time in on next year. At least you caught some fish there though.

What did the bigger one hit, the 110 or the jig? When I took the boat out for the maiden voyage last Thursday, I went to Otter in Greenfield and couldn't get a bite on anything. I've always gone out there and caught at least a few on the jig during this time of the year, but it failed me badly.

It hit the 110.
    They weren't really committing to it though.
    Every one was caught on the last set of hooks after about a 5 second pause. I also lost a few on the way in. No big ones though.
    I eventually broke the bill on the 110. I changed colors but could only get 1 to bite. I then switched to a jig. I could only get bit if I let it sit for like 30 seconds.
    Anthrax

15. Member
    Tim, that's a good day for this time of year !! One more thing to tell you on our pond No. two the water was green and the bass had no color ?

16. Member
    Went to Potanipo yesterday, got skunked. We were finding a bunch of fish anywhere from 21-25 FOW. I've heard there's a little pocket that gets down to 40 feet there. I don't believe it, we drove around most of the lake. If there is such a spot, it must be friggen tiny. Deepest we found was 27 feet.

Anywho, we just couldn't get them to bite, but thinking about it more, I don't think I was fishing slow enough. The fish were cruising, hardly any of them were sticking around. They were damn near on their bellies scraping the bottom, or within a foot of the bottom. Tried the blade bait and my buddy tried the dropshot, he got one bite and that was all we had to show for 5 hours of fishing. I was letting the blade bait sit on the bottom for about 10 seconds before I'd lift up on it, let it flutter, repeat. Haven't fished it much though so wasn't sure what else to do. Saw a guy I know post that they were out fishing the blade bait yesterday too, but the only bites he was getting was when he was letting it sit on the bottom for 2-3 minutes before he'd lift up on it again. Not sure I had to let it marinade THAT long, but thinking back on it, I was definitely fishing it too damn fast. Oh well, live and learn.

17. Member
    Well we got out this pm. for about 4 hrs. I would love to tell you guys that we caught a ton of bass ( I could tell you that) We fished for three hrs before we caught a bass, Jane had two picks.
    Bass (1 3/4 + - ) came on a -1 in about 4 ft. of water and the water temp was 39.6 Wind was WSW then N and it got cold fast...

Well we got out this pm. for about 4 hrs. I would love to tell you guys that we caught a ton of bass ( I could tell you that) We fished for three hrs before we caught a bass, Jane had two picks.
    Bass (1 3/4 + - ) came on a -1 in about 4 ft. of water and the water temp was 39.6 Wind was WSW then N and it got cold fast...
    glad to hear some people are still getting out there!
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Glad you guys are getting out
    Anthrax

I still got the bug to go fishing .. but leaving a blade on the bottom for 2 -3 minutes no freeking way .. can’t do it

Really bummed that there has been no jerkbait bite that I can find ..1 rat in 3 trips .. but have managed a few fish on the blade

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast