Houses or cabins around Harris chain Leesburg Florida any recommendations.

Looking for a good place to stay for 7 days in first part of December.
    Somewhat close to big Harris lake. Needs to be for 4 adults. Any recommendations?

2. Banned
    Places to stay around there are hard to come by. Our club was going to have a Tx there last year but accommodations were few and the ones avail were expensive. There are a few hotels but they book up quick and they are 110 $ plus per night. Last time I stayed there ( 3 years ago) I had to set camp at a crack motel in Eustis because of every Tom Dick and Harry from above the Florida Gs border wanted to invade every boat ramp from Lake George to the big O. Most cabins around the lakes are booked by Yankees coming down from up north a year in advance... which sucks as a local. I looked into that option as we were going to rent a house and split it with some of the guys but as I said they were already taken. Growing up we could drive down there on a whim and find a place with no problem. Getting a room for 50 bucks a night was easy. Its bad when you live here and you cant get crowded out by tags that read Kentucky, Indiana, Oh, NY ect..... If you can find something short notice expect to pay premium prices. TOOOOOO many people coming down clogging everything up! OH by the way.... the FWC has sprayed everything in this state making matters worse. They just sprayed the shit out of Harris as well turning the water pea green.

3. Member
    Fisherman's Cove has some motel rooms and a few cabins for rent. I have stayed there in a camper but not in one of those rooms. It is on Big Harris

4. Member
    Look on VRBO
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Places to stay around there are hard to come by. Our club was going to have a Tx there last year but accommodations were few and the ones avail were expensive. There are a few hotels but they book up quick and they are 110 $ plus per night. Last time I stayed there ( 3 years ago) I had to set camp at a crack motel in Eustis because of every Tom Dick and Harry from above the Florida Gs border wanted to invade every boat ramp from Lake George to the big O. Most cabins around the lakes are booked by Yankees coming down from up north a year in advance... which sucks as a local. I looked into that option as we were going to rent a house and split it with some of the guys but as I said they were already taken. Growing up we could drive down there on a whim and find a place with no problem. Getting a room for 50 bucks a night was easy. Its bad when you live here and you cant get crowded out by tags that read Kentucky, Indiana, Oh, NY ect..... If you can find something short notice expect to pay premium prices. TOOOOOO many people coming down clogging everything up! OH by the way.... the FWC has sprayed everything in this state making matters worse. They just sprayed the shit out of Harris as well turning the water pea green.
    Blah Blah Blah

6. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcyoung517 View Post
    Blah Blah Blah
    ^^^ That's Yankee for: "He's telling the truth"

7. Member
    Thanks guys
    we are finding that most everything is booked or very expensive close by.
    Found one in Belleview, ockalwaha, and bushnell are all those places safe to stay?

8. Member
    Have you checked Eustis, Tavares, Leesburg, Mount Dora on VRBO. (vacation rental by owner) you should be able to find something.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

9. Member
    Ton of places on vrbo, homeaway and airbnb

10. Member
    Alot of ppl fishing the federation national championship that week on Harris chain....

11. Member
    Snowbird season. Modify your trip, come in June. We will have space again.
    At least you got a first hand look at what the locals ‘enjoy’ in winter.
    No rooms, high priced rooms, crowds galore, traffic jams, long lines and more.

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I can speak for Fisherman’s cove. I stayed in this little mobile home cabin in Banana Cove. View was great and so was the fishing and the boat stayed in the water 20 yards from me...July 1st. The lady at Banana Cove said a couple from Ohio rent that cabin for 4 months in the winter. Welcome to Florida! I won’t go back unless I stay in that cabin so it will be next spring!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on14 View Post
    Thanks guys
    we are finding that most everything is booked or very expensive close by.
    Found one in Belleview, ockalwaha, and bushnell are all those places safe to stay?
    I was just warning you about the "Blah Blah Blah Blah" people. They tie every thing up and what is left is way expensive. Just telling you the truth. Too bad they wont stay in Oh, they are like knats! If you find a dirt cheap place in Eustis stay clear. We had whores going in and out of rooms until 4 in the morning. They should outlaw snowbirds renting shit all bedding season!

14. Member
    They must have followed you down from Jacksonville!

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    It’s sad to say this but “fish camps” as I know them are gone. I grew up fishing Harris, Kissimmee, Winter Haven Chain, Toho, the usual Florida resident spots and we had a fish camp at every lake. This was in the 80’s when my dad was still alive. I went to saltwater fishing about 2007 and while I had a blast it was quite expensive. Now that I’m back to bass fishing I look for fish camps (I’m thinking Camp Mack in the late 80’s) and wanted to take my wife...we ended up in that single wide at Banana Cove.

Its a nice place, don’t get me wrong but it’s not what I’d call a fish camp and all the ones I knew of are gone or in complete shambles.

Now if there’s hookers involved maybe we can talk!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Look at airbnb. The Field House on Far reach Ranch.
    USAF Retired 1983 - 2003
    Ground Radio Technician
    2013 Nitro Z6 115 Optimax