Thread: Prop choices

Prop choices

First, what's the difference between the bravo 1, xs, fs, ect, and which would fit my set up best? Or, would the promax be a better fit.

My boat is 1025 lbs (per original bullet spec sheet) with a 225 promax. I run a light load w/B&B 26 trophy .75" above the pad in the low to mid 80's. Mid range is good, but I have to feather it at break over. I thought about having mark tweak it some more and maybe pitch it up to a 27. I think the 26 is too small and it's just overpowering it on the break over. I've tried many different combinations on the vent holes with and without a blowout ring. I just can't seem to get it to stay hooked up. And I need to come on up on the motor but that'll only make it worse.

I want hole shot and acceleration, I don't get to run 80+ much.

What do ya think?

2. Member
    I had a 26 Trophy on my rig for years. I loved the prop It was a good all around prop. It finally slung a blade and I decided to try a 26 Pro max. Wow the Pro max is outstanding all around. Hole shot not bad but better than the Trophy. Top end not bad just a couple mph short of the Trophy. The HUUGE difference is the mid range and handling of the Pro max. It flat out gets it done from 30-80. The handling is awesome too. It handles better than the Trophy for sure. I may try to find a 27 pitch or have my 26 worked to see if I can find that 2mph I lost on top. But dad burn it’s a solid all around prop
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

3. Banned
    Mine did the same thing with the Trophy if I raised it much more than 1/2" above. I went to the 26 Bravo XS and raised it to 1 1/4" above and still didn't slip at breakover.

4. Member
    Bravo 1 or Hydromotive QIV-X-OB

Hydromotive will out topend a bravo and still have great holeshot.

Bravo 1 has amazing holeshot but won't topend.

With that being said, i have tried every prop they make pretty much and i'm down to 2 props. A Performer ET 4 and a ProET.

I got a 20XD/300XS

5. Member
    A 27 bravo xs will have a great hole shot and run around 80 on your set up. I've ran that combo with allot of different props and the 27 bravo for me was the best fishing prop.