Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    How about “pause sonar “ in each view’s menu?

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I'll start an answer and maybe Todd will see this and give a more complete answer.
    Sleep mode = standby mode is primarily to save battery life by darkening the screen.
    Disable Sonar is an option found by pressing the power button. It stops all pinging of all transducers.
    Transmit on/off is found under the menu options for whatever type sonar you are looking at the menu for. It turns pinging off for one transducer.

2. Member
    When I hit pause on the livescope page of my EM+93 it acts like it just pauses the screen.
    Because when I pull my troll motor up to move to another spot it acts like it is searching for a bottom signal.
    Depth range starts zooming in and out. So I assume LV32 is still pinging.

3. Member
    Todd, could you help answer or get answers for my questions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Todd, could you help answer or get answers for my questions? Thanks
    Leonard has it right in his response. But let me add that for the units listed below, Sleep Mode also disables their built-in sonar transmissions unless any other MFD is actively using their sonar as a source.

GPSMAP 7x2/9x2/10x2/12x2/7600/8600 as of version 10.00
    ECHOMAP Plus 7x/9x, ECHOMAP UHD 7x/9x & ECHOMAP Ultra as of version 8.30
    GSD 25 as of version 3.50

All other sonar products (not listed above) will always transmit sonar unless you manually disable them using the Transmit menu option.

Selecting the Pause/Play button on the sonar screen does not disable sonar transmit.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    They need to allow you to stop pinging on one unit individually.

6. Member
    I just played around it again: “Disable All sonar” in power menu is “Disable All Sonar Transmission”. The terms are misleading and confusing!

what's confusing?

8. Member
    Since we're talking about the pause function, I have a question to throw in as well. When I'm using sidevu to graph for structure, to drop a pin I usually have to pause the screen, poke the structure, and then hit the "new waypoint" button in the top right. When I hit "play" again, a white line appears in the sonar graph and it resumes graphing, but it is clear that the sonar isn't pinging while I have it "paused".
    Is there a way to keep the sidevu scanning while I'm setting a way point so when I hit "play" it just shows me the historical data that I missed while screwing around with the waypoint? Not a real game breaker but kind of frustrating to have to graph the same areas MULTIPLE times because as soon as I see something interesting I have to pause sonar and mark it..

9. Member
    For GT52-HW on EM+, can we disable 2D, DV, SV pinging independently? Currently only one button “Transmit On/OFF” that controls 3 elements at the same time?!
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 11-18-2019 at 01:21 PM.

10. Member
    Good question, I wanted to say as well. To mark a point on Sonar/DV/SV takes 3 clicks at least.

BTW, “Pause Sonar” seems to be “Pause Screen”, while the transducer is still pinging and data is dropped (not 100% sure on this though).

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lobo View Post
    Since we're talking about the pause function, I have a question to throw in as well. When I'm using sidevu to graph for structure, to drop a pin I usually have to pause the screen, poke the structure, and then hit the "new waypoint" button in the top right. When I hit "play" again, a white line appears in the sonar graph and it resumes graphing, but it is clear that the sonar isn't pinging while I have it "paused".
    Is there a way to keep the sidevu scanning while I'm setting a way point so when I hit "play" it just shows me the historical data that I missed while screwing around with the waypoint? Not a real game breaker but kind of frustrating to have to graph the same areas MULTIPLE times because as soon as I see something interesting I have to pause sonar and mark it..

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lobo View Post
    No, you cannot view the historical sonar info you missed due to pausing the sonar screen.
    Garmin Pro Team

12. Member
    For GT52-HW on EM+, can we disable 2D, DV, SV pinging independently? Currently only one button “Transmit On/OFF” that controls 3 elements at the same time?!
    Yes. Transmit On/Off applies to the transducer, not indivudual elements.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

13. Member
    Todd, seems this doesn’t work with V12.0 software for EM+ 9x.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post

But let me add that for the units listed below, Sleep Mode also disables their built-in sonar transmissions unless any other MFD is actively using their sonar as a source.

GPSMAP 7x2/9x2/10x2/12x2/7600/8600 as of version 10.00
    ECHOMAP Plus 7x/9x, ECHOMAP UHD 7x/9x & ECHOMAP Ultra as of version 8.30
    GSD 25 as of version 3.50

Can you provide more specifics regarding your Garmin system, and the behavior you are observing?
    Garmin Pro Team

15. Member
    Two Echomap plus 93SV networked together, each uses its own built-in transducer, software V12.0 on both, putting one unit in standby doesn’t COMPLETELY turn off sonar (seems just pinging power is reduced). Is this the design?

Can you provide more specifics regarding your Garmin system, and the behavior you are observing?

Two Echomap plus 93SV networked together, each uses its own built-in transducer, software V12.0 on both, putting one unit in standby doesn’t COMPLETELY turn off sonar (seems just pinging power is reduced). Is this the design?
    Are you seeing crosstalk interference between the units when one is in sleep mode? In other words, how are you determining that the ping is just reduced and not off?
    Garmin Pro Team

17. Member
    I can hear the sound from the transducer.

Are you seeing crosstalk interference between the units when one is in sleep mode? In other words, how are you determining that the ping is just reduced and not off?

I can hear the sound from the transducer.
    What specific transducers are you using?
    Garmin Pro Team

19. Member
    GT54UHD

What specific transducers are you using?

GT54UHD
    Engineers are going to take a look and see if they can replicate. If you would, please verify you have all 3 channels of each transducer sourced to built-in on each unit.
    Garmin Pro Team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast