What Chemical Do They Spray With?

I was exposed to the stuff they spray with last year. I think I would like to see a MSDS on it. In my previous career, I worked for a company that was very particular about safety and worker exposure to chemicals. If someone wanted it, we were REQUIRED to give them a MSDS for what we used.

If it is the same stuff as some popular weed killer, there is growing evidence that it is a carcinogen. I know when I saw them spraying, the stream of poison went so far that it would have been impossible to be selective about what they killed. In this particular lake, it did not kill the underwater hydrilla though - just the stuff on top. I have seen them spray a few times and fished a few weeks afterwards. My experience is that the underwater stuff was not killed but the cabbage and reeds and stuff out of the water was dead. If it is a cancer causing chemical, the MSDS would tell you.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

2. Member
    Here in Canada we took steps to ban traditional weed spray available to the general public after the evidence of what it does to us and our environment. My lawn has more weeds now then ever but I am ok with that. This took place years ago.

The bottle of chemical is in this video posted the other day.

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    The bottle of chemical is in this video posted the other day.

It's hard to read with YouTube compressing the video, I could see it on my phone, this is what they had that day.

Semera 51.0% WDC Herbicide

Tribune 37.3% pyrazinediium dibromide Herbicide

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I can’t answer the question, but while reading this the “RoundUp” lawyer commercial for the class action lawsuit came on...creepy!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV