Thread: Coleto creek

Banned

Coleto creek

Going to be in Victoria for most of November and December. What should I expect in coleto creek? Never fished a power plant lake.

2. Member
    It depends how much they are generating, which is also dependent on weather. The more extreme the conditions, the more the plant runs. For the most part, plan for normal conditions there. Lipless cranks are good then. If they are generating warmer water, fish close to the outlet. Otherwise the area around the launch can be great.

The grass on the main lake (around the islands) is always good.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basseditor View Post
    It depends how much they are generating, which is also dependent on weather. The more extreme the conditions, the more the plant runs. For the most part, plan for normal conditions there. Lipless cranks are good then. If they are generating warmer water, fish close to the outlet. Otherwise the area around the launch can be great.
    Good info. Grass? what grass it’s gone. Everyone says find trees and your in the spot. Give me a shout when your down here and I might be able to help. Fishing has been tough lately.

5. Member
    What grass! It’s all gone thanks to GBRA

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KARNIE View Post
    Good info. Grass? what grass it’s gone. Everyone says find trees and your in the spot. Give me a shout when your down here and I might be able to help. Fishing has been tough lately.
    Will do. Thanks for the info.

7. Member
    No grass. I have not fished it for 3 years but it use to be loaded with hydrila. Especially in the cove by the campground and launch.

8. Member
    Yes all the grass is basically gone. It fishes completely different than 3 years ago. Really you better know where some brush piles are or good drop offs that hold fish. Other than that trees by channels can produce good fish. If you just want to catch numbers go shallow if you want to linked hunt start in 14-20 foot of water and be prepared for a very slow day.

9. Member
    Wow. I wonder if the LCRA did a number on the grass like they do on Fayette. At Fayette they spray the cattails and kill them back to bare bank dirt. Hydrilla was removed a long time ago. They claim they dont spray but I have seen a truck twice on the coal pile road pulling a large tank/trailer with the name of the company and "Aquatic Weed Control" stenciled on its side. About three weeks ago I fished the lake and all the healthy cattails along the banks and out in the water over the entire lake started to turn brown and show signs of stress. I dont think the lows had been below the mid 60"s so it sure was not weather related. Did the same thing about 3 years ago. There was not a cattail along the shoreline site for several years.

Coleto was prolly cold muddy water that killed it, water came up 4 ft a few years ago and it has not returned. I understand the grass issue on Fayette, i mean the lake exists for a power plant.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team