Rt198p transducer location

Need pictures of your RT 198p transducer location please.

2. Member
    I have my 2d mounted in the factory location, side & down mounted under step dead center. Get great reading and never loose bottom.

Attached Images Attached Images

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    What is mounted on the starboard bottom? Speedo? Another transducer? Sorry, just curious.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    Speedometer pickup?

I just moved my LSS2 from the port side of the step were I was not getting a very clear screen shot while in side scan, so I moved the transducer to the side of the hydralic jack plate by using mounts from Transducer Shield & Saver. Very clean look. I haven'thad a chance to put tin rig in the water as of yet, but i'm sure that I will now get much better screen shots now.

Last edited by Glenn; 11-05-2018 at 07:15 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    What is mounted on the starboard bottom? Speedo? Another transducer? Sorry, just curious.
    Factory mounted speed pickup!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I just moved my LSS2 from the port side of the step were I was not getting a very clear screen shot while in side scan, so I moved the transducer to the side of the hydralic jack plate by using mounts from Transducer Shield & Saver. Very clean look. I haven'thad a chance to put tin rig in the water as of yet, but i'm sure that I will now get much better screen shots now.

This is the best setup if you have a jack plate IMO. I have the same setup just home made. The stepped transom is awesome because you get good on plane readings with the skimmer mounted under the step plus its protected from most impcts as well.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    I have my 2d mounted in the factory location, side & down mounted under step dead center. Get great reading and never loose bottom.

What engine do you have? Really surprised to see that old style speedo pickup on this rig. Like really surprised. If its a merc it has a built in pickup thats much cleaner.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    What engine do you have? Really surprised to see that old style speedo pickup on this rig. Like really surprised. If its a merc it has a built in pickup thats much cleaner.
    150 G2 I never look at the speedo, always use the Helix....