Bravo I XS Question

I just put a new Bravo I XS 26p prop on my Eyra yesterday and ran it for the first time. I just ran the prop straight out of the box and didn't plug any of the vent holes (8). What would be a good suggestion as far as plugging any of the vent holes, start out with 2, 4,? I didn't mess with the jackplate much and but definitely have to run it lower than the Fury 4 I had. I got it up to 75 and was right at 5970-6000 RPM's. I've got a Fury 3 26 I am going to run also, never tried a Fury 3 26.

How bad was the hole shot? Did it blow out real bad? Base it off of that. Vent holes only affect the hole shot.
    PS. If that fury 3 26 is the one you got off BCB website and don`t like it I may be interested in it.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    How bad was the hole shot? Did it blow out real bad? Base it off of that. Vent holes only affect the hole shot.
    PS. If that fury 3 26 is the one you got off BCB website and don`t like it I may be interested in it.
    Hole shot was pretty good, it seemed to spin up a little fast when I first got on the throttle but was good after the first second or two. If I recall correctly rpms were right at max of 4400 before coming on plane. I had the jackplate on 3-4 on the Atlas gauge, above that it would blow out too much.

Yrs, I bought the Fury 3 26 off the Bass Cat owners forum, the one balanced by Ronnie Gilbert. I just got it today, won’t get a chance to run it for another week or so.

Sent him message shortly after you did,I guess a little late.lol
    Honestly,I wouldn`t do anything with the plugs,leave them open. Sounds pretty good to me.
    Maybe try with a heavy load see what it does,but sounds like adjusting the plate you have it where it needs to be.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

5. Member
    I would leave them alone you want to be right around 4200 at break over anyway.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO