Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    So the bass fishing has been tough?? I’m heading down Friday morning to fish for a couple of days. We’re staying around MM8 since it looks like there’s a few tournaments out of PB2 this weekend. We’re hoping to scratch a few fish out since everything up here went from basically flooded to frozen.

2. Member
    Anglers in Action tourney was Saturday. Almost 200 boats from what I heard. There were some nice limits brought in but it fell off quickly. There were a some big names that did not fair so well. Hell, everyone has a bad day! I've had a bad year. I saw a lot of guys throwing topwater and jerkbaits, talked to another couple guys that were throwing jigs that were catching fish.

AiA had their Turkey Day Bash and I think I saw where something like 21-22lbs won it and had some nice fish weighed in

4. Member
    Do you guys ever throw a hardhead jig down there? Probably a dumb question but I haven’t read any articles or anything on it

5. Member
    3/8 oz finesse jig is my go to

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Do you guys ever throw a hardhead jig down there? Probably a dumb question but I haven’t read any articles or anything on it
    yes....
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dchance View Post
    yes....
    It makes sense to me and I’ve got a rod rigged and ready. I haven’t fished down there in about 10 years and the times I’ve been there I caught them in the usual jerkbait and finesse jig. I just like throwing a hardhead to cover water and seems to get bites

8. Member
    Well I just got back from a couple of days on LOZ. Friday most of our fish came from 6’ or less in the backs of pockets. Caught fish on jigs, spinnerbait, spooks and lipless crankbaits. Big fish of the day was #3. Friday night we had a thunderstorm roll through and the backs of the pockets were dirty and the water temps had actually dropped a little bit. Though my buddy caught 2 fish from the dock while I was getting the boat ready on a buzzbait! Fishing got tougher throughout the day for us. I did catch a #3 spotted bass which was the biggest spot I’ve ever caught. We didn’t do great but had a good time. We pretty much stayed around MM8 and Buck Creek.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Anglers in Action tourney was Saturday. Almost 200 boats from what I heard. There were some nice limits brought in but it fell off quickly. There were a some big names that did not fair so well. Hell, everyone has a bad day! I've had a bad year. I saw a lot of guys throwing topwater and jerkbaits, talked to another couple guys that were throwing jigs that were catching fish.
    I've had a bad year down there too! I can't seem to figure out the deal. I fish from 7MM-25MM and in the Grand Glaise at least 2x a month. Fishing has been tough since January. Ughh! Sorry you've had it tough too, but I feel a bit better knowing its NOT just me.
    Michael J. Koenig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12