Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vault hub with hybrid oil, anyone ever changed leaking one out?

I noticed at boat ramp my vault hub is leaking at the inner seal. I’ve done regular bearings on boats numerous times but never a vault hub. Is there anything special about replacing the inner seal?
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

Not that I'm aware of.

Replacing the inner seal is the same as any other UFP hub. Will need to use the zerk fitting to add the hybrid grease to the hub and replace the Vault bearing protector per instructions.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Yup. It is easy just like any other. Just different components/gease.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Banned
    How many miles on trailer or trailer year and is it an EZ loader? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by EL Skeeter View Post
    How many miles on trailer or trailer year and is it an EZ loader? Just curious.
    Marine master....prolly 15-17,000 miles.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

There are a couple things to be aware of. This link to the repair manual should be helpful.
    http://www.waymires.com/support_docu...structions.pdf

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

I just replaced two Vault UFP seals on my Marine Master trailer. Here’s some info I gathered (with help) during my search for parts and other information. Pretty straight forward. Good luck.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=932294

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    There are a couple things to be aware of. This link to the repair manual should be helpful.
    http://www.waymires.com/support_docu...structions.pdf
    Thank you!
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

Quote Originally Posted by TX721 View Post
    I just replaced two Vault UFP seals on my Marine Master trailer. Here’s some info I gathered (with help) during my search for parts and other information. Pretty straight forward. Good luck.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=932294
    ill start going through these. Thanks!
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

The biggest difference was installing the vault cap after you have the bearing packed. It took me a few tries to get the cap line up properly using the PVC installation tool before it started to seat inside the hub. Once I got it started, just use a hammer and 2x4 to beat it down as far as it will go and call it a day. The instructions were very clear on what to do though. It's no worse than any other trailer pack job IMO.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

12. Member
    There is a stainless steel wear sleeve on the spindle, you should replace it if the inner seal is leaking. The inner seal rides on this sleeve. Vaults are the same as any other bearing except for the cap. You have to have all the grease packed tightly before you install the cap. Basically fit as much grease as you can before the cap is installed.
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MITR185 View Post
    There is a stainless steel wear sleeve on the spindle, you should replace it if the inner seal is leaking. The inner seal rides on this sleeve. Vaults are the same as any other bearing except for the cap. You have to have all the grease packed tightly before you install the cap. Basically fit as much grease as you can before the cap is installed.
    -Matt
    Will that come with the kit?
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

Not usually.

Depends how you order. If you order the bearings from pacific trailer they come with the races. However, you can order each part individually or as a kit. So Bob G is correct.
    Heres a link to the whole “kit”...
    https://www.easternmarine.com/em-vau...it-138-116-oil
    all the individual part numbers are listed in that kit also.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

IMO--- just because you have a seal leaking doesn't mean you need to replace the wear sleeve. They can be a PIA if you've never taken one off.
    Normally when a sleeve does need replaced it's because the trailer has a gabillion miles on it and the sleeve has a groove worn where the seal rides. If you can't see or feel a grove or some other abnormality I would leave it alone.
    Not all trailers have a replaceable sleeve.. Many times when they became grooved we would just seat the seal at a different depth so it was riding on a good surface.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    IMO--- just because you have a seal leaking doesn't mean you need to replace the wear sleeve. They can be a PIA if you've never taken one off.
    Normally when a sleeve does need replaced it's because the trailer has a gabillion miles on it and the sleeve has a groove worn where the seal rides. If you can't see or feel a grove or some other abnormality I would leave it alone.
    Not all trailers have a replaceable sleeve.. Many times when they became grooved we would just seat the seal at a different depth so it was riding on a good surface.
    I’ll check it. Thanks! I was wondering how I would get it off and even get the new one on. Trailer prolly only has 15k on it.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

I bet your OK … I have worn out 4 sets of tires on this trailer and only replaced one sleeve. But when I replace a seal and the sleeve shows signs of wear I will seat the seal at a different depth.. If yours is grooved let us know there are a few tricks which can help.
    Good luck and Happy Turkey day.
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 11-20-2018 at 09:36 PM.

My trailer has the original tires and have replaced the SS wear rings once. I think all UFP spindles have wear rings.

I just replace two seals on my trailer with Vault hubs - both were still full of grease (the black "button" was no longer pushed out and it was even with the Vault cap). I think the seal leak made the hubs lose the 2-3 psi of internal pressure but they didn't lose very much grease. The races were smooth and in good shape. The bearings looked good too but since I was there I replaced those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast