The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

Exclamation It's Here... Merc V8 Transom Saver

2. Member
    Coolest looking transom saver I’ve seen. But $240 for a piece of aluminum?
    2014 920/SHO

3. Member
    Yea that price is ridiculous...

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    Coolest looking transom saver I’ve seen. But $240 for a piece of aluminum?
    I guess being first gives you the rights to charge what you want, huh? People will buy it tho. It seems a high quality transom saver.
    Cross Bones a good company, I deal with them often. That's DD26 pricing, not Cross Bones. They're Veteran owned, with fast shipping, and great Customer Service response if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    t Cross Bones. They're Veteran owned, with fast shipping, and great Customer Service response if needed.
    I personally know and have fished with Crossbones owner, Chaz. He's a great guy and I wouldn't hesitate to support his company.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    I personally know and have fished with Crossbones owner, Chaz. He's a great guy and I wouldn't hesitate to support his company.

7. Member
    It's not just a piece of aluminum. Matter of fact it's not like anything that's been on the market prior from quality stance. It's aircraft grade 6061 aluminum with automotive grade bump stops that actually absorb road shock unlike any saver in the past. So in addition to stabilizing the engine, it actually absorbs impact as well with bump stops that are regularly used to keep gas tanks off truck frames in the automotive world. They AINT cheap, but they are the best possible protection available for this type of saver. The upper arm is made of Billet with great attention to deal. They are welded with precision and engineered to outlast your boat. I get that folks might associate these with the products of the past, but I think it was summed up best when we launched at the WON Bass US OPEN. Mouths opened and chins dropped as guys picked these up and checked them out. Simply put they are the furthest thing from junk out there. These are NOT skinny little pieces of tubes welded together in a garage by some guy in his underwear. If that's what you think these are you're wrong. I haven't ever, EVER skimped on quality in any of the companies I've owned including Rigid Industries and Crossed Industries. I'm certainly not going to start now. So your opinion, while never even touching or seeing these in person, is noted as an armchair quarterback worthy of a late round draft pick, you might want to see things before you open your mouth. We take protecting a $20K motor and a $60K - $80K transom/boat darn serious and you should too if you own one...... I don't blame most people for not having a clue of how these are made or what it takes/costs to make them while building a distribution channel and company that will support the customer base at a high level. It's certainly not easy and we'll do the best we can to support those who want our support and products.