Anyone use a Beetle Spin?

edit
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 09-13-2020 at 07:51 AM.

2. Member
    Shhhhhhhh. Dont tell everybody the secret.
    So as summer moves on and the bite becomes tough I throw this a lot. Funny how you can throw the kitchen sink at a spot with no bites then put on one of these and catch fish after fish. I think it is because it resembles small bait which makes easy picking. Caught a 4lb bass on it this year. Blew my mind.

3. Member
    Put one on every grand kids rod when they go fishing'. Hard to snag and will usually catch something. Put a little crawler on too. I usually catch my first spring crappie on one as you can slow roll it without going too deep. Not many being thrown these days.

I have a buddy who’s kicked my butt out of the back of my boat with one more than once! The Z-Man twin tail trailers instead of the Beetle Spin plastic is a modification that works very wel!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Caught a 6 lb. O oz. Largemouth on a modified Beetle Spin. Used a 1/8 oz ball jighead inside a 3.5" tube with the Beetlespin wire & blade. Years ago, 1990-ish. Still my biggest LM, but I don't really target LM anymore. Don't ever use those!

6. Member
    I know that bass hate those things and I do not recommend using them

7. Member
    I've got a couple of beetle spins in my panic box. I usually use either a 2.5" or 3" smoke tube with a 1/16oz jighead or a small smoke Mann's Stingray grub on it.

8. Member
    Don't use Beetle spins, but I do throw Roadrunners and Whirly Bees... so in a round-a-bout way... yes.

oe

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I have a buddy who’s kicked my butt out of the back of my boat with one more than once! The Z-Man twin tail trailers instead of the Beetle Spin plastic is a modification that works very wel!
    I like that idea.

10. Member
    That and small Roostertails were my only artificial lures as a teenager. Excellent lures that catch many kinds of fish.

11. Member
    In the spring/summer I go through so many of them that I buy the components and assemble myself. A LOT less expensive that way. The wife and I love to eat bluegills so part of each fishing trip is devoted to catching enough for at least one meal. Lots of fun on 4lb ultra-lights and good eating too.

I could see a spinner attachment on a swim jig being a very effective combination. One nice thing about the spinner attachment (see Cabela's, etc.) is, if you look at the physics, the hookset/hookup should be way better than a standard spinnerbait. IMO!