Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NASCAR at TEXAS qualifing 205 mph into the turn.

On NBC sport ch. They just said 205 into turn 1. WOW! Thats moving on.

That is a fun race track to go to

A 4 day party

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    I don't care if they run 250 or 150. I want to see side by side racing and no follow the leader crap. Not just Texas. All races

4. Member

5. Member
    Missed it.
    Praying for a Cure

6. Banned
    Not a fan but wow that's fast.

I went to my first Nascar race at Sears point raceway. We made it a family event for fun. Had a blast and loved it. The next event I watched on TV and that was the last one I watched. The road course was a lot of fun to watch. The oval, not so much.

7. Member
    If I remember right champ cars were going so fast around that place 20 years ago that the drivers were on the edge of passing out.

8. Banned
    Here we Go.

I rode around Texas Motor Speedway in December with Kasey Kahne. We were going 145mph down the back straightaway and the first time we went into turn three I swear that car was going to go straight. Kasey arched it up and dove to the bottom and it stuck. Can’t imagine what 200mph would be like.

10. Member
    I’m sure if everyone got to ride in one of those at speed, there would be a lot more respect in the skills and balls the real drivers have.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    I’m sure if everyone got to ride in one of those at speed, there would be a lot more respect in the skills and balls the real drivers have.
    At 200 yes. At 145 it feels like you are cruising down the interstate. I did it at LVMS a few weeks ago without a copilot. I was surprised how easy it was to do 145 in a corner. What stinks is thats as fast as they would let you go.

Truest statement I've read in a long time.

13. Member
    Turn left!

14. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Racing rules.... in all the other sports it only takes 1 ball..................

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

15. Member
    There's nothing to going 200 MPH. In a straight line. With nobody next to you in another car going 201 MPH. Turning and taking the down force off your rear wheels. Nothing at all. Why, even a girl could do it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    There's nothing to going 200 MPH. In a straight line. With nobody next to you in another car going 201 MPH. Turning and taking the down force off your rear wheels. Nothing at all. Why, even a girl could do it.
    I've gone 200mph in a straight line and it does take some input and when things get sideways it happens super quick. Getting that drag car up to 200 without blowing the tires off or shaking the hell of them was trickier

I cant imagine going 200 and then having to attempt to turn though lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    If I remember right champ cars were going so fast around that place 20 years ago that the drivers were on the edge of passing out.
    Correct.
    Back in the CART days. Speeds in practice were from 230-235. Drivers were getting out of the cars feeling woozy and not fully remembering their full practice run. Scary. They finally cancelled the race because they couldn’t figure out a way to fairly slow the cars down.

18. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Better enjoy it this year. The new rules coming aboard will slow them down in 2019.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Apperently not...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Better enjoy it this year. The new rules coming aboard will slow them down in 2019.
    Better enjoy it while you want. Not sure how many more years they have left with some pretty big sponsors dropping out. The crowds might return if they took a bunch or rules back off and went back to roots of racing. I understand the safety aspect needs to be there, but follow the leader is not racing.
    Praying for a Cure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast