Anybody been on the Pamunkey lately ?

Thinking about checking in on it this weekend. Or go to the Mattaponi. Haven't been to either lately.

2. Member
    Both rivers should be in good shape. They may be a little high but water color is close to normal. Both rivers should fish well.

The Mattaponi is shut down for fishing due to Roger Jenks is at Gaston this weekend. Whatever you do, do not throw a war eagle spinnerbait in chartreuse and white or a lime green rattling 2.5 square bill on 6-10 ft on deep drops. I am warning you
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    Ha ha. Thanks roger. I was thinking munkey cuz I kinda want to chase a smallie but I have been wanting to get to the poni just the same. Never fished it in the fall and it sounds like they are chewing down there

4. Member
    Yes they are. Have fun and be safe. The flats are hard to see this time of year.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Member
    The pads are still up good everywhere else. Not to pry for too much info but I assume you are fishing from say the sunken barge to aylett. Or are you fishing more from the old boat house into the narrows up to aylett? Have you had any luck this time of year below walkerton ?
    Don’t have to tell me about flats lol. The one right before the narrows got me this summer. I realized I was on the wrong side of the duck blind a little bit late.

6. Member
    I never fish below walkerton and yes sunken barge is good and the big island across the river from it. Then upriver hitting the sharp drop off banks. Most of the better fish have come from walkerton to about 3/4 ways to Aylett.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

7. Member
    Thanks Roger ! I Fitbit a few spots I might try down river too.