idbefishing

Any rod builder using Rainshadow blank?

I'm looking to get a backup for my beloved rod in case something happens to it. It is built with a Rainshadow ISB822.5 blank.

2. Member
    General consensus around here appears to be that RS makes a good blank, both in terms of value and performance. I have several ISP rods and have been nothing but happy with them.

3. Member
    This coming from a January 2015 post on Rodbuilding.org.

One of the members was looking for a replacement for either the ISB822.5 blank you mentioned, or an XSB822.5 blank. Another members posted an extensive list of discontinued Rainshadow blanks, and their corresponding replacement blanks. Where he got the information from, I do not know, and he did not list the replacement for the ISB822.5 but he did list the replacement for the XSB822.5. He listed the Immortal IMMS610MXF as the blank that replaced the ISB822.5.

The Immortal blanks are awesome blanks. I've built on 2 from the casting line up and you'd be hard pressed to find a blank in that price range that is better. In fact, I seriously doubt you could. I haven't built on the IMMS610MXF, but it gets rave reviews from those who have. There was also a post by Karry Batson of Batson Enterprises (Batson distributes Rainshadow rod blanks) in the same thread. While he did not officially say it, he suggested the searching member try the Revelation REVS610MXF-SB.

Below is a link to that thread.

https://www.rodbuilding.org/read.php?2,433705,433710

4. Member
    Rainshadows are excellent blanks. I have some 822.5 in my to build rack, very nice blanks.

5. idbefishing
    Would anybody be able to build me one? I’ll pay you for it of course.

6. Member
    Rainshadow is all that I use now. Fabulous blanks.