Storing Jig materials

I have collected quite a bit of heads, guards, and skirting. What do you use to store your materials in an orderly fashion?

2. Member
    All my stuff is in Ziploc bags by size and then again in a bigger bag by component. I keep everything in a small Rubbermaid tub under the bench.

3. Member
    I use a couple of those plastic nut and bolt organizers. Cheap to buy and many sizes available.

Cheapo 3700 boxes.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Cheapo 3700 boxes.
    X2

I store molding parts in small boxes on my self next to my tackle bench. I store tying materials in ziplocks. Then, the ziplocks are put in an old yellow plastic box that Humminbird used for their portable flashers, along with spare jigheads, vibrating jigheads, and spinnerbait frames, a spare vice, bobbin and thread, various bottles of nail polish, and some small pliers and wire. That way I can take it with me on a week long trip just in case I need to make some additional baits.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 11-03-2018 at 07:00 PM.

8. Member
    3700 for me but that Menards storage unit looks like it would work well also.

9. Member
    I had something like this and the cats knocked it forward and s**t went everywhere.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Munkin View Post
    I had something like this and the cats knocked it forward and s**t went everywhere.

Allen
    Blame the cats...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Cheapo 3700 boxes.
    X3
    Question everything!

12. Member
    3700's

13. Member
    [QUOTE=Munkin;9779342]I had something like this and the cats knocked it forward and s**t went everywhere.

Thats because you didn't have enough stuff in it. Everything jig and spinnerbait related is in this. I bet you blame the dog too. lol

14. Member
    [QUOTE=brushsjigs;9785994]
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkin View Post

Thats because you didn't have enough stuff in it. Everything jig and spinnerbait related is in this. I bet you blame the dog too. lol
    Dogs just destroy other things, the cats just like to knock things over. Honestly all the animals are a bunch of a**holes when it comes to wrecking the house.

Allen

Try a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy... 2 years old.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

16. Member
    [QUOTE=brushsjigs;9774136]

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-h...199460&ipos=67

I use something similar for hardware, hooks, blades and such. 3700 boxes for skirt tabs that I will be using, and ziplocks for bulk skirt storage, transfering tabs to the 3700 as required

17. Member
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Bass...stem--BlueGray

I keep one of these bags in the boat at all times. I’ve had to add dividers from other boxes because it doesn’t come with enough but I’ve probably got 60-70 colors of skirt material in the boxes along with all of the common heads I flip with in black, brown, green and white. Skirt collars, tying wire and tools stay in one side pouch, about 10 ziploc bags of casting jigs in different colors and sizes in the front and all of my living rubber and flashbou in the other pouch. I can build any jig I want on the water in less than 2 minutes.

Extra material and colors I don’t use much go in a cardboard box in the garage.