Ultrex install mess up that could have been bad.

Installed my new Ultrex a couple of days ago. Was not a bad job and easy enough for most do it yourself folks.
    Here is where I dummied up, hurt myself and could have been bad. Job was complete and looking good when I decided to move the tie down strap a couple of inches. I removed motor from bracket and laid it on floor. Weight is now gone right? Think you dummy! I stand beside bracket and release it so I can raise to get to mounting bolts. I FORGET GAS PISTON IS STILL ATTACHED! Bracket flies up like a rocket putting 2 bad cuts in right hand and arm. Just missed head. If it had hit my hard head it could have killed me! DON"T BE A DUMMY LIKE ME! WORK SAFE!

3. Member
    Umm. Average day! Escaping serious injury is a good day! If I ever decide to spend the money for one I will try to remember this.

Them little gas struts can pack a punch. The packaging and warnings say so anyway JK. You got lucky glad it was only minor.

The ultrex is worth a couple cuts...enjoy!
    2016 Ranger Z521c
    250 Mercury Pro XS/Serial #2B124174

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    The ultrex is worth a couple cuts...enjoy!
    But not one's life

7. Banned
    I do dumb stuff like that all the time. Did you look around to see if anyone was looking. I call them Life Experiences.

8. Member
    It happens. Glad it was just cuts on your arm.
    Praying for a Cure

9. Member
    Funny, similar story a couple of days ago. I put the strap on backwards and had to loosen the bolts to fix it. It was a pretty easy install. Especially when Rufus did most of the work.

Your a pro now! Next thing to tackle is replacing the coils on a garage door!

Seriously, glad you weren't hurt worse.
    2016 Ranger RT188 DC * Mercury 115ELPT 4Stroke * Ranger-Trail Road Armor with Bow Step
    TH Marine Micro Jacker * Mercury Spitfire X7 19 Pitch * SmartCraft MercMonitor Data Level 1
    Dual Humminbird 1199ci HD SI * AS-GPS-HS * AS-SIDB-Y * HDSI & AlumaDucer * BalZout Mounts
    Minn Kota Fortrex 24v 80# 45" * Ranger Pro Seat * Swivl-Eze Power Pedestals * All-Aboard Ladder

11. Member
    Glad your injury wasn't worse as it certainly could have been. I always disconnect that piston whenever I have to remove the motor from the bracket.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S