Thread: alarm?

alarm?

so im getting an alarm when i trim up or down or when the motor gets over 3500rpm. just so happens ive moved this motor from one boat to another and have swapped batteries connected to the motor and same alarm.

was told it was a low voltage alarm but the batteries all test and show 12V. could it be the alternator or voltage regulator?

2006 225hp ProXS
    There is NO substitute for time on the water!

after searching the forum and doing some reading, sounds like fuseable link...........THANKS DON!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad you found it- I'm going to move this over to the 3L Forum for you (for future reference, your 225 ProXS would be a 3L Optimax).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad you found it.

Just a reminder- be sure to provide your serial number when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

as always Don, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. tested the fuseable link and it was good but the alternator wasnt putting out any voltage which would explain a lot! thanks again Don!