Gambler 2100 trim tab question......

Hey guys-
    Haven’t been on BBC in a while......
    I noticed this past weekend that one of my trim tabs on my 2004 2100 had become separated from the trim tab piston (I guess that is what that stainless rod is called). In other words, the trim tab is still mounted to the boat and appears fine, and the little collar that is bolted to the trim tab itself appears that it is supposed to fit into that piston. But that little black collar is no longer up inside that piston, so the trim tab does nothing and the boat of course struggles to get on plane with only one trim tab working.

While the boat was on the lift at my dock, I tried to lower the trim tab piston down and force it back on top of that little collar, but it would not go in.

Is there a fix for this, or do I need to find someone that can replace the whole trim tab assembly?

The tabs are a weak point on G boats over time for sure. I'd replace the whole thing. Not to say that it can't be fixed, but odds are that if you keep your boat it'll need to be replaced anyway for something.

yep, ive tried gluing when that hopens and it dont work...
    just order you a new PAIR of trim tabs...
    the newer ones are a little faster and if you dont match the tabs you wont be happen with the list it will create...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

^^^second that, mine as well do em' both

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. Couple additional questions:

1.) Where would I get these exact size/style trim tabs? Are they still made for these boats, and do you know who made them? Do I have to get them through Gambler/Sterling? My boat is a 2004 2100.

2.) Since there are no Gambler/Sterling dealers outside of Florida anymore, do you guys know if typical boat dealers/service shops would be able to do trim tab replacements like this? I am not able to do a project like this myself.

LENCO is the manufacturer... call them direct...it’s a very plug and play basic job...any mechanical shop could do it... I’ve done several in my driveway...

7. Member
    Thanks low slung. So Lenco will know what model trim tabs these are if I give them my boat specs?

Exactly... they will hook u up... write down the model # and then search online to order ... not sure if they will sell direct anymore