Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Check with your HD dealer and find out if your bike is among the 178,000 that have been recalled for clutch problems causing the transmission to lock up .

Already ran the VIN ti check and mine is not
    From what I read it is newer bikes in the 2017-2018 years that have the new clutch recall

3. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    My last bike was a fatboy. I had roadking bags on it and a big T bag for the back. I took a lot of long trips on that bike both by myself and with the wife. A couple of things you will add eventually are- floor boards and a crash bar with hiway pegs. Trust me on that you will want a couple of different positions for your legs on a long haul and a windshield. Make sure you test ride the different windshields in the wind (especially a diagonal or head on wind. Some will give you some pretty bad buffering.

My 5th Harley is my 2017 Roadglide I bought new last year. It eats up the miles. The Milwaukee 8 engine is awesome. And the frame mounted fairing is the cats ass. I’d never buy another model. By far my favorite bike I’ve had. We did a 6k road trip on it this summer and about 3500k road trip last summer. Nothing like setting out on a trip with your knees in the breeze.

congrats on the bike! Nice looking scoot!

4. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wwc3 View Post
    Check with your HD dealer and find out if your bike is among the 178,000 that have been recalled for clutch problems causing the transmission to lock up .
    The recall is for the Milwaukee 8 only. Got my recall in the mail last week. It’s not that the tranny locks up. It’s that the clutch won’t disengage. Causing the bike to jump forward if trying to start in gear or stopping if already rolling.

5. Member
    We bought a Heritage. Left on the stock seat, carried a bag on the luggage rack that was on it. Wife and I did a number of long rides and she said it was one of the most comfortable I (we) had owned. She is 5’8” and 160. Try it as is and change stuff as needed. Do adjust the suspension though. I look at them occasionally but I have 5 bikes now and have no room for another. Best of luck!

6. Member
    If the seat becomes an issue, check out Mean City Cycle in Maiden, NC, Alan does some awesome work on seats with several different configurations. He will take your stock seat to the next level and you and your passenger will be glad you did. He has prices listed on the website for mods, he has redone the seats on my last two bikes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12