Des Plaines River Big Bassin

Any reports on the river coming out of Big Bassin? I heard they had good weights in the last tournament.

2. Member
    Just curious does this marina ever freeze in the winter? Looking to try and get out somewhere in the next week as I am not ready to hang it up. I have no experience on the river in the cold but I would imagine it does not freeze, but I am not interested in busting ice at the ramp.

thanks

3. Banned
    Some bass being take,catfish are spotty.Crankbaits are taking limits of latex jellyfish and tampons.��

4. Member
    A lovely place indeed. Last time out it wouldn’t take a dollar I had at the ramp after I put a 5 in after trying then going back to truck to grab another it just cancelled the deal and kept my money. Hate that ****in ramp
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    It is a pit but it’s all that’s left close.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapela View Post
    Just curious does this marina ever freeze in the winter? Looking to try and get out somewhere in the next week as I am not ready to hang it up. I have no experience on the river in the cold but I would imagine it does not freeze, but I am not interested in busting ice at the ramp.

thanks
    The boat ramp at the Big Basin does get frozen in when it is really cold. No big deal, you can always launch at 3 Rivers Marina. The boat ramp at 3 Rivers is right on the main river, and I have never seen the water at the ramp frozen. 3 Rivers Marina is about 3 miles down river from the Big Basin, $10 to launch at 3 Rivers.

25400 Desplaines River Rd, Channahon, IL 60410

That is the address for 3 Rivers Marina, if you are ever in a pinch.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS