Factory build videos

Just incase yall haven't seen it Brian Latimer is doing some build videos of his new boat. Shows some pretty good details. I really like seeing that stuff cause sometimes it seems like you really dont know what your getting. The boat looks pretty well built but I have to admit there is room for improvement as far as rigging goes and livewell plumbing. Not that it's bad, no boat is what I would consider great, so maybe it cant be better. One thing I did find odd was the rod boxes are part of the top where most boats they are the bottom hull carpeted. I sort of like that but wonder if it makes running wires harder. Anyway, hes not done yet and just figured yall would like it

2. Member

3. Member
    Part 2

4. Member
    This is assume. These Falcon's look to be very well built,

I wonder why they don't have any conduit for the wiring. I would think just a few pieces in to help hold the wiring as well as when you want to run your own would make it so much easier.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    I wonder why they don't have any conduit for the wiring. I would think just a few pieces in to help hold the wiring as well as when you want to run your own would make it so much easier.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing. Curious if anyone on here has any experience running cables after the boat is built and how easy/difficult it was.

I have re -rigged all of my boats and my Rangers were the easiest with my 04 being easier than my 92. The 92 still had conduit from front to back but I think it was smaller as the Lowrance connections had trouble getting through. My old 89 Nitro/BassTracker and 86 Renegade I believe were both built like the Falcon, it was open but nothing to hold the wires.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I was kind of thinking the same thing. Curious if anyone on here has any experience running cables after the boat is built and how easy/difficult it was.
    Super easy, probably the easiest of any boat I have owned. The control panel with the toggles comes off so you have easy access with your fish tape either from there (console) or from the stern. Getting from the console to the bow is a piece of cake too.

I do a fair amount of LEDs and riggings projects in my shop and I had rather pull wire through a boat without rigging tubes than with.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

10. Member
    Episode 3

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Rigging tubes in the hull seem to be a thing of the past, I haven’t seen many companies still use them in awhile. Rerigged a ‘15 skeeter for a buddy back in the spring and they don’t have them either. Actually ended up being a pain because the transducer plug got hung up on a zip tie mid ways, just out of arms reach either way.
    '17 Falcon F205
    '17 Evinrude G2 250
    10' PP blades
    Garmin 7610XSV's

12. Member
    Adding my Humminbirds and running the transducers and power wiring took a bit of time but it was very easy with the open spaces for running cables. I used a standard wire fish tape but the fiberglass push poles are even easier. It is a straight shot from the back of the boat to the space under the rocker switches once you loosen the sliding boards in the battery compartment. It is also panless to go to the bow from the console.