Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator

Russell springs/Jamestown Hotel

Anyone have any info on hotels in that area that aren't the state park? We got a last minute invite to a classic due to dropouts. So I've had no planning time here. Cant leave till tomorrow around 6 or so. It will basically be a place to lay our heads for a few hours. Just want clean, reasonable, and safe. State park is freaking almost 200 bucks. Not paying that for 6 hours.

Check out the flyer in this post...it says 59.95 for a state park lodge room Nov 1- Mar 31. They also list cottages and the most expensive one is 3 bedroom for 99.99...this is for "Ky Local,State and Federal Employees and Retirees. Maybe you qualify? I would still inquire about it because 59.95 in a state park is very cheap.

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showth...mp-this-winter

3. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Thanks Gene for all your help. Unfortunately I do not qualify for those.

You might check at Safe Harbor Rentals, they usually have fall specials. They are connected with the Jamestown Marina. Used to stay in the cabins down there during the winter for a decent rate.Il

5. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Found the Anchor Inn. Anyone ever seen or stayed there?

6. Member
    I have stayed at the Jamestown Lodge for pretty cheap in the off season before, huge rooms with separate bedroom and living room. They didnt really have a good setup for hooking up the battery charger but we made it work.

7. Member
    I have always been pleased staying at TimberPointe

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    Found the Anchor Inn. Anyone ever seen or stayed there?
    Friends stay there a lot and LOVE it. Cheap and clean from what they have told me. And the women are picky.

9. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Friends stay there a lot and LOVE it. Cheap and clean from what they have told me. And the women are picky.
    It turned out to be a nice place to stay and very reasonable priced. There isn't a great place for boat parking but you can make it work.

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    It turned out to be a nice place to stay and very reasonable priced. There isn't a great place for boat parking but you can make it work.
    So how was the Cumberland bite this weekend?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Hopefully getting better. This weekend looks good

12. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Gene it was tough for us. From everyone we talked to it was about as bad. 11 something won our 100 boat classic. Paid 15 places I think and 5 pounds got a check.

We never really felt we were on anything. We had 2 13" spots for about 2.5 pounds. We threw them back. We probably caught 10 fish total and most were 10 inches or smaller. We fished shallow and out to 30 feet deep. One spot was on the bank. One was in 25 feet of water. Both fish were on finesse baits. Never took a hit on anything moving. Usually I can find a short smallie or short largemouth. Neither were touched Saturday. Water was 63 to 64 in most places we fished.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    That is the way its been for the last 3 weeks or so. USA Bassin had a decent size regional 10/28. If my memory is correct they had around 70 boats. 14 something won with a couple 10 lb bags then it drops to a bunch of 7-8 pound bags. I fish a small 14 boat tournament on 10/21 and was 3rd with 4.53 but 1st was only 4.79. Been tough so far this fall on Cumberland. I have even spoke to a couple striper fisherman and they are talking about the bite being off. Hopefully once the water hits upper 50's it will turn on.
    Last edited by JR19; 11-05-2018 at 09:13 AM. Reason: grammar nazi

14. Member
    A little over 12 for the saturday out of Burnside Island & another sunday took 4 smallmouth, but i don't remember the weight.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spec View Post
    I have always been pleased staying at TimberPointe
    plus one