New 4 stroke ProXS 175 toter

I see plenty of threads for the v8 transom savers.

Can anyone recommend an available option for the v6 ProXS 4-stoke 175

(sorry, no serial number...YET!)

2. Banned
    I don't think it's a problem as it doesn't have the wing being a non TM2 gearcase.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    SAME support used for V6 and V6 with CMS (Conventional Mid Section).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Not sure what all that means...just looking for a recommended existing product for this new engine.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Banned
    Some manufacturers (I.E. Basscat) recommend transom savers as Pro anglers have had better success/less issues with them as well as outboards aren't getting any lighter even if transoms have gotten stronger and they have a lifetime warranty. The truss support helps stabilize the outboard taking strain off not only the tilt cylinder, but mounts as well.
    Last edited by Wheelman; 11-05-2018 at 07:16 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    SAME support used for V6 and V6 with CMS (Conventional Mid Section).
    Don are you saying that this new Transom Saver will fit the V6 175 200 225 motors also?
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

8. mikesxpress
    You can use your existing Motormate for this with a cheap mod. Even buying a new Motormate and doing the mod is less expensive than the high dollar one and it does the exact same thing.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=919149&page=2

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flatsboy View Post
    Don are you saying that this new Transom Saver will fit the V6 175 200 225 motors also?
    Yes, you should be able to utilize the exact same support.

10. Member
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

11. mikesxpress
    Received the hard press fit furniture caps. These appear to be the best ones to mod the Motormate for the 4 stroke as they fit snug in the tube and also fit in the engine bracket pocket perfectly.

Feet Cap Glides to Fit 7/8 Hole Protect Floor 16 Black 601B
    https://ebay.us/dJrwdd

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Nice mod.