Curado K's Longevity Likes/ Dislikes.......

What are your likes and dislikes on this reel and how long have you used it? Thanks! Scott
    Scott Inman

2. Member
    I bought one in the spring and put ZPI spool bearings, two extra knob bearings to make four total, and replaced the worm gear bushing with a bearing. I really like the reel and would probably be just as satisfied without the upgrades.

3. Member
    I really liked them, but found that I could never get them tightened down good in an ECS reel seat. Reel always moving around in thebreel seat while fighting a fish, even had one pop out. Just check for that if you get one, so guess it depends on what kind of rods you use.

4. Member
    I have used mine about a year, it is very smooth and palms very well, however, the little cast control dial is poorly designed (can't see the numbers and bad placement) and you usually have to loosen it from the factory just to get it to turn. If I was rating it, I would give it a 7 out of 10, just okay.

I guess I'm just not that hard to please. I have 12 of them and love them. Sold several Chronarch MGL's and got more Curados. It is a little hard to see the numbers on the cast control dial but I don't adjust it much anyway! They sell new on Ebay for $135.99 nd if you watch for the 15% off coupon's they have been running you can get them for $120 with free shipping. I have fished the heck out of mine and they have been flawless.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    I have several like 5-6 only one of them has a slightly rough feel reeling but haven’t tore it down to see if it can be fixed. I really like the feel they have and cast great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I bought one in the spring and put ZPI spool bearings, two extra knob bearings to make four total, and replaced the worm gear bushing with a bearing. I really like the reel and would probably be just as satisfied without the upgrades.
    I did the same thing.

I have two Curado K reels and both have been excellent, I've had both reels for a few months now and have fished both 3-4 times a week.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    I did the same thing.

I have two Curado K reels and both have been excellent, I've had both reels for a few months now and have fished both 3-4 times a week.
    I still say the Chronarch MGL is the best although I've not tried the Bantam. I'll put my Chronarchs against my MGL Metaniums anyday although when you're holding a Metanium you know it so I guess I don't really know what I'm trying to say here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I still say the Chronarch MGL is the best although I've not tried the Bantam. I'll put my Chronarchs against my MGL Metaniums anyday although when you're holding a Metanium you know it so I guess I don't really know what I'm trying to say here lol.
    I love my Metaniums, I did however put Curado K gears in them and they are now super smooth and powerful with those brass gears.

10. Member
    I have three K's now in 8.5:1, in addition to my Chronarch's, 70's and 200E's and one is several months old now. Tough to get dialed in, but once I did they are really a smooth reel. As said above the external brake dial is hard to read, but once I found the "sweet spot" I never change it anyway. I spooled 15lb Invizx on all three and use them for plastics fishing. I have not upgraded anything in the three and so far see no need to do so. Very nice reels. All of mine are on BPS 7' MH Carbonlites 2.0 and fit nicely.