2010 225 HO etec tps??

Fishing a tournament terrible wett conditions past week was running back and the motor just cut back like I pulled the throttle back and came back to life ... never had this type condition occur been flawless ! When sat down at ramp pull out of gear seemed as if the motor was idling high and I had no peddle what so ever to adjust the throttle change! I killed the ignition and it reset right back to normal!? Very odd put on trailer let sit over night day two forensic up great idled great holeshot great the. On plain running about 10 min did it again same scenario fro
    about 4600 dropped to 3500 and back then sat it down back to high idle... killes it and back to normal .. any help please
    E225DHLIID

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Probably going to need to hook up the laptop and see what the codes say.

3. Member
    Ok so hooked up computer has no stored faults! Weird as I guess it’s intermittent! Not sure where to start as in maybe tps going bad maybe ...
    poor fuel maybe no idea
    help?

4. Member
    Watching TPS voltage and percentage would be wise with Ev diag connected and also making sure you have the latter style throttle cam (P/N 5005187-letter C stamped on it)and the control cables are adjusted correctly so that at idle the throttle cam is coming back against the stop on the engine block. TPS calibration too would not hurt.

5. Member
    put some dielectric grease on tps connector? moisture in it maybe? fixed my harley?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Proud to say the ole Etec has 993.00 hrs for a 2011 225ho

7. Member
    Alright had a hard code today put it in safe mode
    code 12
    TPS
    idle only
    volts out of range
    I already ordered one and have it on hand figured that was leading to the TPS by symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Probably going to need to hook up the laptop and see what the codes say.

Quote Originally Posted by ccuboy123 View Post
    Alright had a hard code today put it in safe mode
    code 12
    TPS
    idle only
    volts out of range
    I already ordered one and have it on hand figured that was leading to the TPS by symptoms
    Someone correct me if I am wrong because I am not 100% sure but I still think you will need to hook it to a computer. A TPS is set to be in correlation with your actual throttle 0% (idle) 100% (full throttle). Physically a TPS may be easy to change but technically it still needs to be set up using a diagnostic computer.

9. Member
    My 05 250 does the exact same thing has been for a while no codes but it’s like a dead spot in the tps if I’m just easing on the throttle it’s like it hits a certain spot and does it every time if I just mash the gas and hold it down never does it. Also does the high idle at times turn off back on runs fine been intermittent for a year now so it’s know it’s not fuel. I have a new tps to install just haven’t done it yet
    Lowrance Pro-Staff
    Picasso Outdoors
    PowerTeam Lures
    Red Dirt Baits
    Boing Lures
    E Custom Baits
    Full Throttle Tackle

10. Member
    This is a common issue with Hotfoot. If the hotfoot is not completly sprung back when restarting motor, it will throw it off.
    My 2011 was doing the same thing two years ago. Dealer Recalibrated with software, and had been fine ever since.

I would advise tps evdiags recalibration and new hotfoot spring. if your dealer is not close by, have them change the tps too while your there, only $90.

This may help too.

2011 Ranger Z119 Evinrude 200HO

Past Rigs

2007 Skeeter 190SX - Yamaha 150 Pro V
    2003 Ranger 521VX NASCAR. - Yamaha 250 HPDI
    2003 Trition Tr-22 - Yamaha 250 HPDI
    2000 Ranger 518VX - Johnson 200 Venom
    1996 Ranger 462VS - Mercury 150 EFI
    1995 Ranger 461VS - Evinrude 150 Intruder
    1995 Ranger 354V - Mercury 150XR6
    1987 Stratos 169V - Mariner 135
    1986 Coleman Crawdad - 1956 Johnson 5hp - Minn Kota 8lb thrust

11. Member
    Yes like I said I have the software and the new tps
    actually have broke three springs 2 springs last two years irst was Fishing’s line second not sure why
    Will replace the part and calibrate should not be hard.

12. Member
    TPS changed ran good ... believe tps went bad !! Thanks guys

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar

14. Member
    Will TPS not calibrated right cause the motor to not run wide open in the computer even if the butterfly’s are wide open?

15. Member
    I ran the calibration after install
    three times
    had to remove the throttle bushing to get it to line up proper prior then secure in place! Ran calibration and tested on water
    are you not achieving full power with throttle presses fully might be something else involved
    Unless there are value that’s must be put in! I didn’t see where needed adjusting on the ediag