Time it takes to load charts, etc.

Two 92SV Plus units with ultra HD card.

To those that have this setup, does it take an extremely long time to load fishing and/or navigation charts on your devices? If I'm cruising 60 mph with a 0.2 mile range, I have to slow down to allow the chart to catch up with me. Also, if I switch from sonar to a chart, it takes a couple of minutes for it to load. About 5 minutes to load the fisheye view. Is this normal? I've tried to change the detail settings from "most" to normal and it doesn't help. Thanks.

Are you running current software? What other Garmin equipment, if any, do you have installed as part of your system?
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Banned
    I run the 93sv plus and mine loads fine.. Like Todd said check current software

4. Member
    Current software is v7.30. No other Garmin products. Just 2 93sv Plus units connected via Ethernet. I don't have NMEA 2k or UHD. It also doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of Lake Cumberland or one of my small local lakes. Always the same.

Edit: I should also mention that the unit at the helm will occasionally freeze up while scrolling around the fishing chart, then it will shut off. Happens once every hour or two. Perhaps a call to Garmin is in order...
    Last edited by Rick2018; 11-01-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Does the behavior of the units change as you change Chart zoom levels? What about with and without the Ultra card? Do you have any other files on the Ultra card, other that the map files that came loaded on it. Do you have QuickDraw recording enabled?
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    Zooming - about 30% of the time, the unit will freeze up and shut off. The other 70%, it takes a really long to time to load.

I don't have any other files on the SD card except a couple QuickDraw files. I did not have QuickDraw enabled anytime I've had issues.

I called Garmin and opened up a case. I was told to take out the Ultra card to see if that fixed the problem. He's trying to troubleshoot whether there's an issue with the card or the unit, but did say there's something obviously wrong. I didn't get a chance to take it out this weekend to check and couldn't get it to freeze up sitting in the garage.

Thanks for the questions/help Todd.