93sv/GT40 need help with readings

Hey guys, as the title states, I am in need of help with how to get my 93sv to show up clear. It’s like it won’t read anything. It randomly pops up and will work then it goes blank. I have attached a pic of what’s it’s doing. Thank you for your help!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    It's hard to say what is going on here. I can't read the lower left corner. Does it show the GT40 as the transducer selected?
    On that screen, press Menu and choose 77 kHz as the frequency.
    Press the Home key and try SideVu and DownVu/ClearVu. And see what you get, if anything.
    Make sure you have the latest version of the software. What version are you running?
    Wouldn't hurt to reset sonar defaults.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I had similar issues with my Echomap and it was due to major interference, I repositioned my power wire and plugged it to an independent battery, I also rerouted my transducer wire, I rerouted the power wire first. That way I was able to isolate where the interference was coming from.
    Turns out my interference what’s coming from in unshielded power wire I had ran from the starting battery to the helm.
    Try giving Garmin a call and send them screenshots.
    Good luck.
    ��

4. Member
    Screenshots taken by the unit are much clearer. You have to have a memory card in the slot and press HOME until you see the screen flicker.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Also pics of transducer installation and location....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    I will try all of the suggestions above. I tried to get a good pic of it with my phone, but with having to resize it so small on here, it just makes it blurry. The unit has GT-41 in the bottom corner not GT-40. Would that make any difference? I will check my wires as well. Power wire,l transducer and wire are all brand new. I have the excess ducer wire sitting under a compartment in the boat. It is in a figure-8 as well.

7. Member
    That is a problem. First check the tag on the transducer wire and verify what transducer you have. I would expect the unit to auto id the transducer model and set itself accordingly. Having the wrong one selected can potentially damage the unit and/or the transducer. I don't think it would in this case, but I'm not certain. Are you sure it's a 93sv instead of a 94sv?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    That is a problem. First check the tag on the transducer wire and verify what transducer you have. I would expect the unit to auto id the transducer model and set itself accordingly. Having the wrong one selected can potentially damage the unit and/or the transducer. I don't think it would in this case, but I'm not certain. Are you sure it's a 93sv instead of a 94sv?
    You know what, I am an idiot and can't read apparently. It is a 94sv

9. Member
    Thats no big deal. The 94sv shipped with the GT41. So we're back to the original problem of not getting a good sonar picture. For that you won't have a frequency of 77 to choose. Instead it will be 50 kHz. Follow the other suggestions here as well as looking at side and down view.

10. Member
    I was finally able to take the boat back out and test a few things and I am stuck. My unit blinks the depth instead of keeping a reading (is this normal?) Also, it has major interference only when the motor is running which explains the lines on the graph. I really hope my ducer is not in a bad spot. I tried to get away from the motor as much as possible. Any ideas?

11. Member
    We can help but we still need the same the pics asked for previously, of the transducer installation location and more specific information. Pics from the side and back. Which motor running, TM or big motor. Normal? It happens a lot but nobody likes it.