Thread: 2004 zx225

2004 zx225

My back pedestal seat will not out screw from boat. I haven’t tried to take it in 2 years. I think it’s rusted together. Threads from pedestal and threads in boat. I’ve tried pipe wrenches and it still will not turn. Anyone had this issue? Best way to remove?

2. Member
    This is off the subject but I have the same boat dual console. Just curious on what setup and speed you are getting.

3. Member
    You should be able to access the underside thru the battery compartment. Use wd40 to spray nut and threads.
    My 07 has a plastic shroud. If yours is the same use can with straw.
    If that fails, cut carpet back. Remove bolts and nuts. Take out the whole assembly.
    Keep in mind, it could be a pain to put the nuts back on if you have that plastic piece on the underside.
    Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
    Wes

4. Member
    wd40 is a waste of time. aerokroil is king here. soak, repeat, soak, repeat etc then tap on the pedestal post. try it again w/ the wrench

5. Member
    Thanks guys will try all. Have tried wd40. Hoping not to cut carpet and take bracket off of boat. Mine is a dual console, with 225 hpdi, around 150 original hours. Two people loaded down I can hit 68-70. I normally run about 63-65 just bc that’s the best gas/oil consumption.

6. Member
    Will try to find aerokroil and try that

7. Member
    Had the same problem with my 03 ZX225 ended up removing old threaded seat mount and installing threadless mount and haven't had a problem since.