Thread: Trailer Jack

Trailer Jack

What have yall had the best luck with? My trailer jack sucks and I basically have to drag the front of the boat around which is not an easy task. My garage floor actually has black drag marks on it from the jack's tire.. It currently has a cheap fulton jack on it.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

One thing that will help a lot is to lower the jack down to almost the bottom after you take the trailer off the ball. This will result in the wheel turning much easier, allowing you to position the boat as you please. I have to do this with mine to push in back along the garage wall so I can get my car in beside it.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I must be a wuss, I can only move my boat/trailer with my truck!! I also park on stones in a portable type garage.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    One thing that will help a lot is to lower the jack down to almost the bottom after you take the trailer off the ball. This will result in the wheel turning much easier, allowing you to position the boat as you please. I have to do this with mine to push in back along the garage wall so I can get my car in beside it.
    Iv owned a bass boat my whole adult life and I have never done that. I will try it next time. I may have been making it harder than it has to be.

THANKS

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Iv owned a bass boat my whole adult life and I have never done that. I will try it next time. I may have been making it harder than it has to be.

THANKS
    Don't feel bad. I've owned a boat since 1985 and just figured this out earlier this year!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    It also puts less stress on the jack if it is down.
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Don't feel bad. I've owned a boat since 1985 and just figured this out earlier this year!
    I lowered the jack all the way down and holly crap its easy to move. I also have 4 wheel dollies (which i could still hardly move the boat when i had the jack raised up ) now i can push the boat side to side now as before it was a huge pain. Man I was working harder then I really needed to

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I lowered the jack all the way down and holly crap its easy to move. I also have 4 wheel dollies (which i could still hardly move the boat when i had the jack raised up ) now i can push the boat side to side now as before it was a huge pain. Man I was working harder then I really needed to