Thread: Keel Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Just wondering what you paid???... Ballpark, is good enough... Dan
    The rig will be a 2019 AVX2080 with a 2019 Evinrude 200 HO G2. I got Victor Package, tilt steering, cover, coin box, Oxygenator, Extra Power seat pedestal, and 80lb Ultrex and I'm right around $44k. If you added in cost of graphs you would be at 46-47k.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Any update on third party for keel protector it's almost been a month can someone @ TEAM VEXUS get on this asap we want to keep this nice boat nice thanks for you help

3. Member
    Any update on the aluminum specific keel protector?

Maybe Line X's Keel x. Its as much as a hambys but much bettter. Since ford beds are aluminum I bet a Keel X will fit the ticket.

I just had one put on my Triton and Its much better than any other of the stick on ones that iv had.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

5. Member
    Any more dealers coming on line in Florida ?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    Most aluminum boats come with painted bottoms now. I kind of like the boats that aren't painted for this reason!
    Yeah I’d I had my choice, I would like to have the white tin rig, but leave the bottom unfinished. Top and sides painted white.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Maybe Line X's Keel x. Its as much as a hambys but much bettter. Since ford beds are aluminum I bet a Keel X will fit the ticket.

I just had one put on my Triton and Its much better than any other of the stick on ones that iv had.
    What did that cost on your triton and who did it???

Here is in my area it was a little over $600.00 for about 7.5'. The good thing about the Keel X is that its a custom application over the strakes where the Hambys and the other stick on brands have to be molded over them. That was the weak point on my other boat when a stick on brand failed. I have not lost any speed due to the Keel X

The hambys is over $500 and you have to leave the boat for cure time.

The Keel X was put on while I waited by a line X dealer who has the ability to lift the boat in the air. The Keel X looks great too.
    Last edited by Tim W; 05-28-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

9. Member
    Have Vexus AVX1980 going through the build process as we speak; since one of my nearby lakes has a ramp but no dock and either rough or rocky shoreline (Lake Brewer near Springfield, AR), I am interested in finding a way to eliminate or minimize my contact with the bottom as much as possible; don't want to scratch up my paint job. I have owned both a Ranger RT178C and RT188 rigs before and both had unpainted bottoms of the their hulls. I saw earlier comments from SCLARK not recommending keel protection but that post was dated back in November of 2018. Wondering if SCLARK or anyone has seen any updates on what keel protection will work and if that is even an option to have applied there in the factory or worst case have my dealer in Hot Springs install themselves. I have seen references by some of the keel protector companies that indicate they have done some Vexus boats but would rather hear from someone at Vexus themselves or other Vexus owners on this Bulletin Board that have gone ahead and done this themselves...don't want to mess up a great paint finish unless the application is done correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12