Bass Cat Cougar Advantage Elite 2013 fuel tank addition/replacement

Hi guys, I am looking in to purchasing a 2013 Cougar Advantage Elite and it only has 36 gallon fuel capacity, a 26 and 10 I believe. Boat is perfect to me in every other way shape and form. My question is it possible to remove the 10 and replace it with a 26 gallon tank? I figure the bilge has room in an FTD so it should have room in the same/similar hull with just a different package? and roughly what would a tank and labor prob cost me?

2. Member
    I had a 2013 Cougar Advantage Elite with two 26 gallon tanks in the rear, from the factory. Not sure how the 26 can be added later to replace the 10. BCB should be along soon to let you know though.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Im looking at a AE cougar also right now and it came from the factory with duel 26's. The tanks look pretty big, but might fit though the deck lid.... I'm sure someones done it some where.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Just curious how far you have to run? I have the 26 and 10 configuration in that exact boat and I've never used the 10 gallon.

5. Member
    I’d just rather have more and not need and not worry about it. I fished a BFL Regional on the st.johns a few weeks ago out of a borrowed skeeter zx225 with 45 gallons capacity and needed all of it to make the run to dexter from Palatka. And I plan on fishing costas so say I found fish up the chatahochee in Seminole or got on a run n gun pattern in Santee or had a mid day gut decision to run 40 miles one way on Okeechobee I want to be able to make that decision.

6. Member
    I don’t know why these boats with 250s come with such small fuel capacity’s. My current pantera 2 has a Vmax hpdi on it and a 33 gal tank and I’ve pushed it running from Clewiston to Kissimmee River and back via rim canal. 36 gallon with a 250? That’s crazy

Today's engines are not 250 VMAX HPDI fuel performance.

Recreational and small tournament anglers don't need the fuel and we have some request us to only install one tank, they won't do that.

36 gallons give the user 150 miles at cruising speed and a 4.25 MPG run rate around 60 MPH. It is about 120 miles (over) in range at wide open throttle.

There are not many people run a boat more than 120 miles in one day.

Some like to keep their fuel fresh also.

8. Member
    I hear you, I wasnt taking a jab at BCB either, just a little frustrated because I REALLY like this boat and the price and add-ons are perfect, (to me). I did however forget to mention that I have a 10 Gal kicker tank in my shed, and after talking to Sherms marine on the phone and looking at some BCB threads on multiple fuel tanks I am at the impression that I can add an additional 10 Gal tank, (that i currently own), and hook both 10 gallon tanks up to send fuel to the motor simultaneously. Is this a good assumption? And will i need to add an additional fuel fill as well? Thanks.

We don’t know if the second tank will fit in that area. To our knowledge it has never been done.