Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question Ultrex software update??/

Does MK put out whats in the update?? Got TM in February but have not done any updates.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Best way is to connect your IPhone or Android to the troll motor Via BT. There is an app for that. when you connect it Will tell you if a more recent update is available or needed. Follow the instructions. Takes about 10 mins. Make sure your remote is on too. It will tell you on the remote if it needs an up date too, once you downloaded the main update.

3. Member
    Yes, you can see what the update includes by going to your app store on your phone and looking at the update history for the latest i-pilot app update and it will tell you which updates are included. My i-pilot app on my iPhone last updated on October 24, 2018 and included controller software v1.180 and remote software v1.200. My Ultrex is new and I just used it last weekend for the first time. I didn't do the phone update thing with it yet, as I wanted to get it calibrated, set the offset and fish with it a bit before doing any software updates. I plan on doing my phone app/Ultrex/remote updates in a couple of weeks when I go fishing again.....

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    oK, Thanks....i'll look this weekend to see what versions i have....

5. Member
    I updated my Ultrex this weekend using the iPilot app and it's very easy to do. The toughest part was getting the phone bluetooth connected to the Ultrex. When you pair the phone to the Ultrex, you have to actually push and hold the 'pair' button on the motor until your phone sees it and connects. I kept pushing and releasing, not realizing you had to hold it. It took about 10-15 seconds for the phone to connect, but once it did the update took about 2 minutes. Once the update is done on the motor, you turn on your remote and the remote will update as soon as you turn it on.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I tried a few weekends ago and couldn't get them to pair, motor that is....it saw the remote......don't think I held the pair button down long enough, I'll give it another try.....

7. Member
    Hold the pair button on the troll motor down until yo get 3 beeps in a row.

8. Member
    Where do you find the app for your phone?
    Joefish
    2007 Ranger 178DVS
    Evinrude ETEC 150

<*)}}}><

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Apple store for apple phone and google play store for android.. now there are two apps in android, one is for the link and other non link....that's if u have android...

10. Member
    What are we needing to update software for on the ultrex? If I just use mine mainly for spotlock and jog, is there any reason I’d need to do an update?

11. Member
    it depends on how old your current software is on your motor controller. Mine was made in July 2018, so it had relatively new software already. My upgrade included "minor enhancements to performance" for the controller. The remote got "italian language support". If your Ultrex is older, it may have more updates to make it perform better for you.

You pair your phone to your Ultrex controller and update it first. Once you update the controller, then turn on the remote and the controller updates the remote.

So basically, the updates go in this order: phone app>controller>remote. That will make sure it's all updated to the same stuff.

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Got it done....pretty easy.....user error on my part, just wasn't holding the pair button down long enough on TM.....good to go now....thanks for the info.....

13. Member
    Notice any difference in your trolling motor after updating?

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Have not used it yet.....

15. Member
    Just came from Minn Kota Technical class. It is highly recommended that you keep your soft ware up to date. Most updates you may not notices. but they are there and will improve performance.