Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dave. If it helps, this is a picture of the seal/carrier. Just so you know what it looks like and how it sits up in the crankcase.

3. Member
    Did you buy the part? Thanks for the photo. I am building my tool to Dons specs. Hope to try to put it place next week some time. My boat is outside an it is getting down in 20's tonite, yuk!

I didn't buy the part. Figured a picture of it would help understand what were dealing with. 20's? Move up here to the Northeast, it will feel like a heatwave to you, been pretty nice here last couple of weeks.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Dave. If it helps, this is a picture of the seal/carrier. Just so you know what it looks like and how it sits up in the crankcase.
    Just to clarify- this is pressed into the end/opening of the Crankshaft (it doesn't really go into the crankcase).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Yes. Thanks Don.

7. Member
    Thanks to Don, and his special tool, I was able to get the carrier assembly back in place. Lower unit was back in in 15 minutes. Waterpump is working great, gears are shifting good, passed with flying colors on lake. Thank you everyone, BBC, for all your help and advice.
    Dave

8. Member
    Thanks to all, Don's tool was a treat! Darn near had a fit when I looked into the chasm and scene the carrier flooring around!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12