93sv plus vs 7608xsv for livescope pros and cons

Need help deciding on which one to get. We all know the features. The one I end up getting will be matched by another one in the future. Is it worth the 1in to get one over the other. Is there glaring need for the 7608 for only running livescope. Thanks

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The difference will be pricing, features and screen size......the EC+ units only go up to 9" screen, the 7600 series goes larger so, if you think you will want a larger screen then 76 series would be the one to go with......also the 76 series have more features than the EC+ units, so also consider what the unit can/cant do when deciding....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Banned
    Take a look at the 1042 and 1242 xvs. They are both working well for me with livescope. Personally I like the 10 better as it seems to show the targets in more detail.

FWIW I don't use the Garmin for anything but livescope.

4. Member
    If I was going to choose between these two units for LiveScope only, I'd get the Plus 93sv.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Banned
    Just an update since I talked to Garmin today. Apparently they are updating the echomap units at the beginning of next year. It was explicitly stated but it was pretty clear what was being said.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Updating them for what??? were they specific???

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Updating them for what??? were they specific???
    No and I wouldn't expect them to be. We were talking about the new units vs the 12 and 10 xx42 units I have. They said the main thing was the need for more processing power for the HD, Panoptix and the new software it will have. I asked about less expensive alternatives in the future and they said everything would need, at the least, have more processing power.

I have been told be no less than three of their tech folks the echomap units are borderline for the livescope. I have posted this before.

I had tried one of the other panoptix units with an echomap model and had nothing but issues. SInce installing these two units I'm convinced the echomap was part of my problem with then.

8. Member
    I don't see how the echomap Plus 93sx units could lack necessary processing power. All the Panoptix transducers to date contain the appropriate processor within the transducer housing except the LiveScope and it is in a separate black box. I'm not disputing that you had problems but I've not seen what you describe. I always ran the 93sv with one of the Panoptix transducer and also a combo transducer plugged into the 12 pin port. The processing for 2d, side and down for this 12 pin xd is completely on the 93sv. I was also running NMEA. If the Plus units lack processing power, everybody that has one would see it every time they used it. The HDSG1 10" units lacked processing power if you put more than 2d on them. The first sign is you press a key and have to wait for it to react. Priority usually goes to the sonar functions while key press and touches have lower priority so if the processor has too much work that's where you usually notice it first.

If there's a processor issue with the Plus units, Jeremy would see it. He is using two that are networked. That is more taxing on the processor than just a sonar setup. Mine was not networked.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I don't see how the echomap Plus 93sx units could lack necessary processing power. All the Panoptix transducers to date contain the appropriate processor within the transducer housing except the LiveScope and it is in a separate black box. I'm not disputing that you had problems but I've not seen what you describe. I always ran the 93sv with one of the Panoptix transducer and also a combo transducer plugged into the 12 pin port. The processing for 2d, side and down for this 12 pin xd is completely on the 93sv. I was also running NMEA. If the Plus units lack processing power, everybody that has one would see it every time they used it. The HDSG1 10" units lacked processing power if you put more than 2d on them. The first sign is you press a key and have to wait for it to react. Priority usually goes to the sonar functions while key press and touches have lower priority so if the processor has too much work that's where you usually notice it first.

If there's a processor issue with the Plus units, Jeremy would see it. He is using two that are networked. That is more taxing on the processor than just a sonar setup. Mine was not networked.
    I can see it. For example when I pushed my internet connection speed to 1 gig my older computers, and even some with less expensive graphics cards, process the incoming data slower. Granted this isn't exactly the same but I would think the "black box" does the same as my router, process data and send it on. I doubt it monitors the stream based on the receiving unit.

I have figured one thing out in the computer business, most folks don't know how slow their machine is until they see it next to a new one :-)

But either way he asked about the two so I gave my input. One can never have enough info when making a decision.......

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'm thinking like Leonard, but who am i.....with my setup i do not see any issues with unit process, now i DONT have livescope but the PS 22.....

11. Member
    I am running the 93sv with Livescope and am having NO issues whatsoever. Watching a bass come out of brush and hit a lure that is 40+ feet from the boat is a hoot! FWIW, I added the 93/LS to my dual 'bird setup. My bow bird shows 2D and map and the LS shows the fish, LOL.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium