Thread: Tire size

Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Tire size

My current trailer has 205/75r14 tires....the one I am upgrading to has 215/75r14. What would be the difference in using the 205 or the 215? Any reasoning?

Thanks for any input.

2. Member
    The 215 is slightly larger in width and diameter by approximately 1/4 inch. The 205 will turn 17 times more in a mile than a 215. You can google this and get it exact.

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Yep, understand that. But with the exact load ranges, is one better and more suited over the other? Or is it just a personal decision?

4. Member
    How much room do you have in the fenders for the bouncing. Thats you decision

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Yeah, think I am going with the 205s to maximize clearance.

6. Member
    I had 215/75/r14 on my Ranger tandem. Ordered new tires and got 205's by mistake. Decided to keep them and run them. They are load range D. I put them on in May of this year and have close to 1500 miles on them with no issues. I see no difference in performance or handling. To me the only thing that counted was the load range. I checked on differences and decided not enuff to worry about.

7. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Randrat View Post
    I had 215/75/r14 on my Ranger tandem. Ordered new tires and got 205's by mistake. Decided to keep them and run them. They are load range D. I put them on in May of this year and have close to 1500 miles on them with no issues. I see no difference in performance or handling. To me the only thing that counted was the load range. I checked on differences and decided not enuff to worry about.
    What tires did you go with? Had considered the Goodyear Endurance and can get them for $102 @ Tire Rack. Get a $10 discount by picking up in person seeing as we have a dist center 30 minutes from here. My other consideration was the TOWMAX STR II 205/75R14 load rated D. I can get those for $59.90 each after the discount.

8. Member
    I am using the dreaded Carlisle HD tires. I am not a fan of Goodyear, but that is just me. These can be inflated to 65 LBs if needed and are speed rated to 75 MPH. I ran the last set of Chinese tires over 6000 miles with out an issue. Just wore them out, tread wise, in 5 years. I am ocd about maint. tho.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    What tires did you go with? Had considered the Goodyear Endurance and can get them for $102 @ Tire Rack. Get a $10 discount by picking up in person seeing as we have a dist center 30 minutes from here. My other consideration was the TOWMAX STR II 205/75R14 load rated D. I can get those for $59.90 each after the discount.
    Been running the GY Endurance for over a year now. They're great compared to the Carlisle's they replaced. Very even wear and they tow great.

I've been a huge fan of Carlisle trailer tires, until I tried the Endurance tires. Now my boat, travel trailer and utility trailer all run Endurance.