Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MFL At the Yadkin Chain this week

They fished High Rock Monday and Tuesday. Heard they was going to TT and Badin. Any guys fishing this week seen them???

2. Mike Lamb
    I heard that. But then I said, WHY?
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

Who??
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

4. Member
    Major League Fishing. That is a good question WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
    Major League Fishing. That is a good question WHY?
    They may be knocking out 3 shows at once during the week???

6. Member
    I think, but not sure, they are on High Rock today. Looked like Southmont ramp on their facebook page. They should've went to Norman to catch all the little spots to their hearts desire.

7. Member
    Couple of my fishing buds are following them, They are in Abbotts Creek confined in between the two Bridges. #8 and Holloways

8. Member
    small area

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

9. Member
    Got that right Steve

10. Member
    The hell with Norman. They came to some real lakes. Sucks conditions are a little off though.

11. Mike Lamb
    Why would they pick those lakes.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jtranger14 View Post
    The hell with Norman. They came to some real lakes. Sucks conditions are a little off though.
    This has to be a joke. Norman has more fish in it than the whole yadkin River chain combined. Norman is better under the worst conditions than high Rock is under ideal conditions. Most yadkin River homers wouldn't know a good fishery if they landed in it. With the exception of Tucker town I'm wither several others, "why would they pick those lakes?" With so many better fisheries in the Piedmont.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    This has to be a joke. Norman has more fish in it than the whole yadkin River chain combined. Norman is better under the worst conditions than high Rock is under ideal conditions. Most yadkin River homers wouldn't know a good fishery if they landed in it. With the exception of Tucker town I'm wither several others, "why would they pick those lakes?" With so many better fisheries in the Piedmont.
    They probably chose the yadkin to try to sway people from thinking that MLF is just a dink fest. Norman would only solidify that theory.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwasham View Post
    They probably chose the yadkin to try to sway people from thinking that MLF is just a dink fest. Norman would only solidify that theory.
    Agreed.

15. Member
    Norman does have a lot of fish. But think of it this way. High Rock has been bad mouthed for how many years now? The last time there has been any type of major tournament in this area has been what twenty some odd years since the 2 classics on High Rock. So not many from all over the country know anything about the yadkin chain except for Mark Davis and KVD. The dynamic of has changed a bunch since then. AND YES, I do agree there are Better lakes around for size and/or numbers. But on the flip side everybody know something about Norman, Harris, Wylie,Kerr, Gaston, Falls, Jordan,ect. What other choice would you like to see? Rhodehiss, Mtn Island, Lookout?

16. Member
    Why is Badin so low right now?

Lets see them go to Harris and not count 5 lb slot fish.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfishin' View Post
    Norman does have a lot of fish. But think of it this way. High Rock has been bad mouthed for how many years now? The last time there has been any type of major tournament in this area has been what twenty some odd years since the 2 classics on High Rock. So not many from all over the country know anything about the yadkin chain except for Mark Davis and KVD. The dynamic of has changed a bunch since then. AND YES, I do agree there are Better lakes around for size and/or numbers. But on the flip side everybody know something about Norman, Harris, Wylie,Kerr, Gaston, Falls, Jordan,ect. What other choice would you like to see? Rhodehiss, Mtn Island, Lookout?
    if I were you and I felt that way about the yak and chain Lakes I wouldn't want anyone from around the country to know about it. Look at shearon Harris after being placed as the fourth best lake in the country because of two tournaments. No one is more thankful than me that they are not going to the lakes that I like to fish the most. I am sad that they went to Tucker Town though. It gets beat to death just like High Rock but it is a great little Fishery. I really enjoy watching Major League Fishing as I think it is the best fishing show on TV but I don't really want any of the lakes that I fish often being publicized that much. As far as High Rock being bad mouthed.......I live 10 minutes from it and I hardly ever go there. Just like any lake, some people love it and some people hate it. Even before the fish kill I was never a fan even though I did fish there fairly often. Many years ago when I got out and started fishing some of the other places that I didn't frequent that much I realized how much better the fishing is outside of the Yadkin River. But for each person it's all in what you enjoy doing. Norman gets a bad reputation because everyone thinks that it's loaded with only 11 and 12 inch spotted bass. If everyone knew how many 3 + 4 + pound spotted bass and 5 plus pound largemouth where in that Lake it would get a lot more pressure. But thankfully it doesn't. I went to Norman on Monday and fished from daylight to dark and only salt one other boat. I went to high Rock last Wednesday and in the first two hours I saw 25 other boats. I fished for five and a half hours before I got my first bite. That's just not my thing. Based on the amount of little Largemouth it has in it now hopefully it's on its way back.
    Last edited by kb_rn; 11-01-2018 at 11:29 PM.

19. Member
    Hey kb,

How was Norman? Heading up there Sunday and haven't been in months....

20. Member
    ...most yadkin River homers wouldn't know a good fishery if they landed in it.
    A Yadkin River guy just slapped around all the local boys and won the BFL final on Noman there slick willy. Not everyone struggles on lakes without a zillion 12" spots in it.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast