Caracal Gas Tanks ?

I'm getting my first boat soon and are interested in the Caracal, on the Bass Cat site, it lists 3 tank options, what are the advantages/disadvantages of each for ride quality, etc. ?

2. Member
    My understanding:

The 2 rear 26 gallon tanks is supposed to best for top end speed, because it moves that weight to the back. It also provides you with storage under the seats.
    33 gallon under seat, with 10 or 26 gallon kicker moves weight toward the middle, and should help the boat rest more level, helping to get into skinnier water. You lose under seat storage.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I went with the dual 26's for the sole reason of the underseat storage. The top end speed wasnt even a concern but they do say it helps if the weight is in the back.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by IlBassAddict View Post
    My understanding:

The 2 rear 26 gallon tanks is supposed to best for top end speed, because it moves that weight to the back. It also provides you with storage under the seats.
    33 gallon under seat, with 10 or 26 gallon kicker moves weight toward the middle, and should help the boat rest more level, helping to get into skinnier water. You lose under seat storage.
    The under seat tank would give a better hole shot too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    The under seat tank would give a better hole shot too.

I went from PII with under seat tanks. To a Puma with rear tanks.

The underseat storage is great, but the hole shot was so much better on the PII. If I were build a Caracal now I’d go with under seat tanks with the 10 or 26 Gallon rear kicker tank.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by IlBassAddict View Post
    My understanding:

I had one with the 33/ 10 configuration. Great boat, good hole shot. It got in skinny water too more than I could believe. I dont think that youll give up much by getting the rear tanks. If I were to get another one I would consider the rear tank duel 26's. I think that would help the boat lift a little better at low speed, also could use one as a ballast for your own body weight. And the under seat storage is the main reason I would go that route, I really wished mine had it but the storage space in one of those boats is huge so its not totally necessary
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post

The underseat storage is great, but the hole shot was so much better on the PII. If I were build a Caracal now I’d go with under seat tanks with the 10 or 26 Gallon rear kicker tank.
    I put a 24p fury 4 blade on mine. Thats the way to go, great hole shot and handling, Gave up a good bit of top end though. About 3 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I put a 24p fury 4 blade on mine. Thats the way to go, great hole shot and handling, Gave up a good bit of top end though. About 3 mph.

Im not digging the 24 4 blade. Had my 25 3 worked by Ronnie Gilbert. So far so good
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Im not digging the 24 4 blade. Had my 25 3 worked by Ronnie Gilbert. So far so good
    Funny you say that, I'm looking at a cougar ae/ sho. It had a ventless t1 26 on it, and was a very nose down boat. Spoke to Chaz at crossed outfitters, he has the same rig, same prop worked by Ronnie, and said it almost has too much lift for him lol! I dont think theres such a thing! I like riding up high at low speed!

10. Member
    thanks for the help

11. Member

In fairness...NOBODY beat that particular P II out of the hole.

I have a Caracal with the twins in the back...it does not launch like the aforementioned P II.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinCustody View Post

I have a Caracal with the twins in the back...it does not launch like the aforementioned P II.
    Almost regretting selling it, Almost.........

I enjoyed the bigger boat last Saturday while watching the Blue Anglers at NAS Jax, The St John's was no joke that day.............
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

13. Member
    I have the two rear 26 gallon tanks on my Caracal and wouldn't have it any other way. The hole shot is not an issue. With full gas and livewells it takes 3-4 seconds. I haven't tried to get on plane in a foot of water though.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinCustody View Post

Yeah the lighter boat is going to be faster out of the hole, how much of a difference in draft does the fuel in the rear make? Can't imagine it's more than a couple inches between livewells empty and full. I'm not a power pole guy, but might consider the underseat tanks if you're going to run duals for weight distribution.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    Yeah the lighter boat is going to be faster out of the hole, how much of a difference in draft does the fuel in the rear make? Can't imagine it's more than a couple inches between livewells empty and full. I'm not a power pole guy, but might consider the underseat tanks if you're going to run duals for weight distribution.
    I was the original owner of Bill's PII...that thing ripped out of the hole.

I meant to add that I have two power pole Blades with the twin tanks on my Caracal.

The draft difference between full and empty is negligible.

16. Member
    Almost regretting selling it, Almost.........

I enjoyed the bigger boat last Saturday while watching the Blue Anglers at NAS Jax, The St John's was no joke that day.............

It was pretty windy on the flight line

17. Member
    I personally had boats with rear tanks and boats with mid mount tanks. I like the feel of the boat better with mid tanks. Holeshot is definitely better especially when tanks are full. Boat seems to turn and carve better without falling off plane. Shallow is way better for me with mid tank. New boats have so much storage that I don't miss the under seat space.

18. Member
    Ivan has a new caracal I think. I wonder what his take is on this.

19. Bobby8
    I have the 33/10. I took a Triton owner buddy out a few months ago. I laughed when he said man, this thing gets on plane fast. I told him he should have seen it before I put the talons on. Lol. I really don't miss the under seat storage like I had on my Pll. The Caracal has so much storage.