Three days fishing Guntersville from the RT188 this past weekend

It was tough fishing, windy, rainy, and not fishing there in 12 months made for plenty of running around searching for a pattern. There was a 309 boat Spro tournament on the lake, plus a high school fish off. IE plenty of big sparkle sleds. The Costa guys were there pre fishing as well. It got plenty rough Sunday as the sky’s cleared and the wind really picked up. That was the only day the boat made me miss my big 20’er. The ride back to the ramp was slow going LOL. In the end we ended up catching about as many, in most cases more fish than the others we talked with at the ramp and hotel. I reset the Merc SC gage when we got there, burned 10 gallons of gas all three days covering from the Comer bridge to Honeycomb Creek. That’s a BUNCH of water for those not familiar with the lake! After two years the “little” RT continues to impress. You might get there slower, but you get there.

2. Member
    Yeah, that bugger gets rough with a strong Norwest.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

3. Member
    Going around buck island if it is windy you are going to be hit somewhere.

Sounds like she did you well...I'm getting braver in my Triton...thinking about taking it up to Rayburn to see where I can get that the big boats cant!

5. Member

I didn't catch any over four pounds worth getting the camera out, but I got WAY more than the guy with me. He was thrilled with the two good fish he caught. I know the Costa guys out there this week would like to be on some like this. They are there, but they made us work for every daggum one of them last weekend. The aluminum boat is real easy to work with in the grass.

6. Member
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Sounds like she did you well...I'm getting braver in my Triton...thinking about taking it up to Rayburn to see where I can get that the big boats cant!
    Havent been on Rayburn yet but its been on Tawakoni, Ray Roberts, Fork, Ray Hubbard and it can drive itself its been to Caddo so many times. Go she wont let you down.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

8. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

9. Member
    I have fished quite a bit from a friend's RT188. Unlike a lot of other states, in Florida we don't have a lot of ridges, hills, high banks and big bank tree lines to block the wind. It is hard to find sheltered areas. We have crossed bad open water whitecaps with terrible wind with it and all we had to do was slow down some. It is very solid feeling for an aluminum boat.

I have never felt worried about my safety in a RT188 with a 115. They are solid feeling rides and very safe. Like Justsomeguy said above "she won't let you down." They fish very stable when stopped and casting too.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.