Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GetReel View Post
    man, you'd have to think that's an oversight..... it doesn't show the 8610/8612 either.
    You'd think. But from what I gather the G3 maps are included in the 8610/8612. Hopefully it's not a "well you need to buy the latest 8600 series unit to use these maps" type of bullshit. Cause I'll sell my 7600 units in a heartbeat and give Garmin a solid middle finger.

2. Member
    The link previously posted states the new 8600 series "eliminates the need for black boxes" . Does that mean that I can run Livescope by simply buying the LVS32 transducer?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by efenfish View Post
    The link previously posted states the new 8600 series "eliminates the need for black boxes" . Does that mean that I can run Livescope by simply buying the LVS32 transducer?
    Livescope will still need the module (Black Box) with the Garmin 8600 series.

Brian

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG Marine Electronics View Post
    Livescope will still need the module (Black Box) with the Garmin 8600 series.

Brian
    If I had a 7600 next to an 8600 (etherneted together), plugged the UHD into the 8600, it would show on the 7600 just fine correct? What about mapping? Would that share too or no?
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

5. Member
    David,
    Yes , you would see Ultra HD imaging on the Garmin 7600 since it would be networked to the Garmin 8600 series unit with the UHD transducer attached. Since Garmin pre-loads their units with maps, no need to share mapping.
    Brian

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    You'd think. But from what I gather the G3 maps are included in the 8610/8612. Hopefully it's not a "well you need to buy the latest 8600 series unit to use these maps" type of bullshit. Cause I'll sell my 7600 units in a heartbeat and give Garmin a solid middle finger.
    Better get to listing. My installer called his garmin rep about something else and was told older units wouldn't run the new maps and software. In turn he called his garmin contact at his wholesaler and they were told the same thing.

Why all the whining though? Every electronic device I've ever bought reaches a point it can't run the latest software.

7. Member
    "Older units" is a relative term. Certainly there will be units that cannot run the new maps. I recall that there was a map update that was too big for the echomap chirps to install into the internal memory of the units. However, they could still use that new version by inseting the new map card and running the map from the card. In that situation only the portion of the card that is needed is loaded into memory. At some point the 7400/7600/s have to run out of memory for updating maps. This may be it. I'd be real surprised though if these units couldn't run those maps from an inserted card. And it wouldn't be a big deal. They have 2 card slots. Now I admit I don't know. I'm speculating.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    According to the Garmin website, the new U.S. LakeVü g3 available in February will be compatible with the GPSMAP® 7612xsv units.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder View Post
    According to the Garmin website, the new U.S. LakeVü g3 available in February will be compatible with the GPSMAP® 7612xsv units.
    Have a link to that? I linked the device compatibility page for the G3 maps and it didn't show any 7600 series units.

10. Banned

11. Banned
    I guess it's only the Ultra maps that aren't compatible with 7600 series. That's a shame. At least the standard G3 maps will be.

12. Member
    LakeVu 3g, is that what they are merging from the Navionics side?
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GetReel View Post
    LakeVu 3g, is that what they are merging from the Navionics side?
    I wondered too. The Garmin map data for our lakes is much better than Navionics. It's almost the same as lakemaster.

I called Garmin yesterday and once again they said the Ultra maps would only work on new models. The standard maps are pretty much what we have now.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    I wondered too. The Garmin map data for our lakes is much better than Navionics. It's almost the same as lakemaster.

I called Garmin yesterday and once again they said the Ultra maps would only work on new models. The standard maps are pretty much what we have now.
    To be honest, I don't see myself using the Ultra features. Like fish eye and the 3D contours. I'm fine with the contour lines. I just want them to include the Navionics data from a ton of local lakes that Garmin didn't map.

Yes, the current GPSMAP line, including the 7600 series, is fully compatible with the new g3 mapping (includes Navionics integration), including the Ultra cards. The compatibility on the website will be corrected soon. Even the built-in mapping updates for these units will include g3 content.
    Garmin Pro Team

17. Member
    Backing up Todd’s post, I received an email from Garmin yesterday confirming that the new LakeVü G3 Ultra cards will be compatible with the 7600 series. Also claiming to be the best cartography available.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

18. Banned
    That's good news!

19. Member
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12