Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pitchin and flippin are two totally different presentations. If you want a rod for each specific technique then your flippin rod will be slightly longer, extra fast tip and heavy backbone. A pitchin rod will be slightly shorter, fast tip and a lot of back bone. Very similiar to a flippin rod but just not as heavy duty.

I will make fifty pitches to one flip just because the type cover I fish the most is not set up to do a true flip. There is zero vegetation in the three lakes I primarily fish. Most flippin is done around vegetation but there is some that can be done around wood. My two pitchin rods are GLoomis 844 7' heavy power, fast tip, Gloomis 855 7'1" extra heavy and extra fast tip. My flippin rod that I rarely use is a GLoomis 895 7'5" extra heavy and fast tip.

2. Scraps
    TacticalBassin has a good vid on rod selection for pitching/flipping. Arguments made for a shorter rod for pitching to reduce fatigue and longer rod for flipping/punching because there isn't as much strength needed to throw the bait further. Myself I just can't see switching rods through the day and I use a Powell 775 for all pitching and flipping baits with 3/16 to 1/2oz weights. I am maybe the only person I see around my area that will actually "flip" and pitch in a days fishing. Everybody pretty much pitches around here. I have used a 795 and feel it's a little lengthy for pitching but can be used. I don't really punch and if I did the 775 would work fine up to 1oz. If I did a lot of it I would have a dedicated rod.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

I use a falcon 6'10" rod most of the time, was a bucco micro pitchin stick. Really about perfect for the 3/8th ounce jigs I throw most of the time. I have 3 pitching rods in the boat, longest is 7'3". Don't really see the need for longer for what I'm fishing. The shorter rods are usually a little better balanced, and for me to wear out my elbow as much. My favorite pitching rod is a old team daiwa that is 6'6", reel seat is shot on it or I'd still be using it.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

7 foot Kistler LTA Heavy , with 50 or 65 lb power pro , and 7' 3" Ducket Ghost heavy

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

5. Member
    Fitzgerald Rods is what I own and love

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    depends on the rod.
    lots of inconsistency between brands

6. Banned
    Megabass Perfect Pitch

7. Member
    I have 2 rods I use almost interchangeably.
    13 Omen Black 7'3" MH Fast for lighter baits/docks/skipping.
    iRod IRG754F Fred's Frog rod. 7'5" H MF for almost everything have spools for the reel with fluoro and braid.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

8. Member
    I pitch more than flip if going by the traditional definitions. That being said, I’ve had. great success with a 6-10 MHeavy Abu Veritas for pitching. I’m kinda height-challenged so we the shorter rod works great for me. For flipping, I use a 7ft heavy action Ethos. Since I don’t flip much, I couldn’t see putting out big bucks for a rod I only use for maybe 30% of my fishing time.

9. Banned
    6'8" st croix LTB jig and worm is the best pitching rod I've ever used. I have plenty of 7+ rods but none are as accurate or has the range 6'8 has. No need to carry the extra weight for little benefit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12