21X compartment seals

Has anyone found compartment seals they a completely satisfied with. As you know I basically have done a body off restoration on my 21X and the seals are the only item I am not thrilled with. They keep binding when you open and close the lid and rippin the bubble seal off the portion that is seated to the compartment. No amount of 5200 sealer or super glue will hol them in place.

If you're talking about the black rubber that sits on top of the press on trim ( can't think of the actual name now), I've used the black sealant used for the trim for autos. It's used to hold the black rubber seals around the trunk & doors on cars. Seems to work fine. Haven't had a problem in years with it. Not sure if that the trim you're talking about though.

water pressure gauge

Anyone have a used, working gauge they want to get rid of. Mine went out. Need one with the chrome ring around it. Will check on eBay but would rather get one from the forum.
    Thanks

4. Member
    Have you tried replacing the seal? Grainger and Amazon sell "Trim Seal" brand which is an exact replacement. It's available with different size bubbles so you could down size the bubble if needed. I just replaced all of mine on my 2006 TR196.

5. Member
    Yes have replaced them twice. May need to try a smaller size bubble. Someone also suggested doors may be out of adjustment. Get tire of having to dry everything out if I get caught out in a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Anyone have a used, working gauge they want to get rid of. Mine went out. Need one with the chrome ring around it. Will check on eBay but would rather get one from the forum.
    Thanks

Have no idea how I got this on this post. I apologize to the OP.

Moderator please DELETE

7. Member
    Don’t worry about that brother... Whay kind of gauge are you looking for I may have one?

8. Member
    I do have a water pressure gauge with the chrome ring. I think it’s a 0-30# gauge. Did you clean out your pitot tube down on your lower unit? They are bad about getting pieces of wood in them and plugging. Take a small drill bit and see if you can dig it out by hand. Have had to do that several times to mine befor I went digital .

9. Member
    Tracer1: The pitot hole is only for speed, nothing to do with water pressure.

Smallmouthguy: Hope your doing well......keep up the fight!!!

Thanks for the info smallmouthguy & savage. Just ordered a new one. Didn't think any one had one. I posted this on the Yamaha forum so hopefully it will be removed from here. Again, my apology.
    Smallmouthguy, Hope you are doing very well & everything is working out for you. I know how you feel, got out of the hospital July 23 after a 3 week stay for cancer. Thanks for the gauge offer also.
    Last edited by tracer1; 11-01-2018 at 07:00 PM.

11. Member
    [QUOTE=Savage;9770561]Tracer1: The pitot hole is only for speed, nothing to do with water pressure.

Oh crap that’s right! Drugs must be defecting....effecting..my brain.. I knew it had sumpfim to do with water pressure. Sorry tracer....thanks for the well wishes guys.. almost done with the chemo.. so far so good.

I’m going to follow this, I’m in the same boat��. My 2004 Tr 21X has bad seals also.

13. Member
    I believe SMG and I have nearly the same boat. Mine is a 2005 21X BMC edition and still has the original seals. I added the thickest closed foam weather stripping I could find to the lids where they contact the factory "seal" back when I bought the boat (2007). I've included 2 photos to help explain what I did and as a comparison if mine is different.

14. Member
    stl 196 what size bubble did you use
    Last edited by richdwn; 11-10-2018 at 09:10 AM. Reason: missing s

15. Member
    5/8" I think.

16. Member
    I redone all my seals with the 90* compartment seal from Basscat Store. Its the same as what was originally installed and I am very satisfied!