Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake Charlevoix Bass Fishing Labor Day Week

I decided to put together a video for newbies to the area. I tried to find information on this lake before I went and I came up empty. This video will show you a couple towns on the southern end of the lake. It will show you some shoreline opportunities where to catch fish also. The biggest thing is to show you how massive this lake is! It can be overwhelming when trying to figure out where to start when you have no knowledge of the lake. This shows you how I approached the lake in a half days worth of fishing time. Plus you might even see my wife freezing in the back of the boat when I tried to get out there one last time. Beautiful area and hopefully takes your mind off winter. lol Hope you enjoy. Tight lines

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Very nice video as usual. Stayed in Boyne City this past May and fished there and out of East Jordan. Loved the fishing and the people. Both were great. Can’t wait to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    Very nice video as usual. Stayed in Boyne City this past May and fished there and out of East Jordan. Loved the fishing and the people. Both were great. Can’t wait to go back.
    That is a beautiful place. I was there back in May too. Might have passed you on the road. We traveled down toward Traverse City and then toward Petosky. Boyne City was our base town we stayed in. We ate the Red Mesa Grill and Subway.

8. Member
    I went up a few years back mid-August for a tourney. Practiced three days and struggled to find the bigger fish. Went out the fourth day and just went deeper and whacked’em. I’ve got a video up on my YouTube page from the following year and another one on the way from this last August. I was up there the week before you were. That lake is definitely a hard one to crack!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikeMN View Post
    I went up a few years back mid-August for a tourney. Practiced three days and struggled to find the bigger fish. Went out the fourth day and just went deeper and whacked’em. I’ve got a video up on my YouTube page from the following year and another one on the way from this last August. I was up there the week before you were. That lake is definitely a hard one to crack!
    Mike what was your YouTube page? I'd like to see those. I'm hoping to have another shot at it. Probably concentrate on the northwest corner of the lake next time. I did go out to 50 feet, but didn't find anything, and didn't have enough time to graph a bunch of areas. Time on the water is definitely needed for that lake.

10. Member
    I think you found my page but here is the link to my latest edit from my trip to Charlevoix the week before you were up there. I’ve got a number of other clips up as well.

Lol! I didn't know that was you brother. I had you subscribed and watched your day! Piggy's! I'm planning on getting up there this next year too. This time I'm going to concentrate more on the upper half and south arm.

12. Member
    Yeah, I moved from Minnesota to Michigan about 7years ago. I also lost about 55-60lbs a year or two before I moved here; hence the old moniker, "BigMikeMN". I have an instagram page @mc_wrk2fsh.

Great video Mike

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

14. Member
    Thanks!

I'll keep an eye open for you on the water Mike. I'm sure we probably fish a lot of the same water given your location.

16. Member
    Sounds good 👍🏻. I live up bun Stoney Creek in the Detroit metro but try to get out up north when I can!

Mike I'm south of you in a suburb of Toledo.

18. Member
    👍🏻I’ve got family in Perrysburg and Findlay.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikeMN View Post
    I’ve got family in Perrysburg and Findlay.
    That's close. I shop at that Costco you probably pass on the way there. The Bass Pro Shop manager use to be my neighbor, but he moved when they opened a new store in Tennessee.

Very nice videos!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast