8' or 10' Powerpole Blades

I am getting Powerpoles in the spring and cant decide which size to get, I have a 20'
    Bass Cat Cougar with a 250hp Yamaha. What are your opinions?

Love my 10ft, only thing better will be when I get a 2nd one.
    Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Thanks for the info, I will definitely be buying dual based on how much I fish current.

4. Member
    I had one 10’ on my last boat and went with two 8’s on this boat. Regrets. If I could do it over again, I’d go with two 10’s.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you have the garage door height I would go ith 10's since your leaning that way. Most people do not want the hassle with 10's of having to put them down then back up to clear garage door, and if you forget..not good ...( we have seen pics on here). With the innovations in spotlock trolling motors we are seeing less of a need for anything above 8 foot. With that said the extra 2 foot of holding can be useful at times. We by far have the cheapest package prices on 10 foot blades anywhere in the country however The ratio of 8's vs 10's for us is usually 25 to 1 if that tells you anything. In the end you have to make the decision that is right for you and the way you think you will be fishing . You know the lakes you fish better then anyone. Don't buy 8's just to wish you had 10's its very cheap to go from 8 to 10 foot when purchasing from us, however it becomes very costly if you decide to sell them barely used to get the 10's you originally wanted. .

6. Member
    I went 10's and am happy, the only issues i have are low bridges and i just put them down and go though, the way that i look at it from running 10's is you can hold in 8 feet so i would say 8's would be 6 feet. if you have questions Kevin is a great resource and is a stand up guy to buy from would buy from him again

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    I went 10's and am happy, the only issues i have are low bridges and i just put them down and go though, the way that i look at it from running 10's is you can hold in 8 feet so i would say 8's would be 6 feet. if you have questions Kevin is a great resource and is a stand up guy to buy from would buy from him again