Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boat On Order.....

Any suggestions on how to spend my time while the new Ranger is on order???? After leaving Ranger a few years ago to try something new (Legend V20) I'm heading back to Ranger. Can't wait to get the new 520L with the new Merc. I'm only 2 weeks in and it's killing me. :)

2. Member
    Right there with you bud, what kind of time frame were you told to expect?

3. Member
    Question for you. When you ordered the boat did you do it through the website, phone, or in person? Also, is there a down payment amount they require? Thank you.

4. Member
    I can't speak for sap, but I built my boat on the website and dowloaded the build sheet. Emailed the build sheet to my dealer, and wire transferred a 10% down payment. The dealer then reached out to their Ranger rep (couple custom things I wanted done along with ensuring the new HDS live graphs) and then "placed" the order with Ranger after everything was confirmed.......

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prospector View Post
    Right there with you bud, what kind of time frame were you told to expect?
    Was told around 10 weeks but that puts me into the Holidays which could easily push me into January. You??

6. Member
    I went through a Dealer, Collins In NC who are awesome to work with by the way. I think pretty much all dealers require some kind of down payment on a special order.

7. Member
    10 weeks? I thought it was like 6 months for Mercs right now.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

8. Member
    Lol I’m in the same boat. I just ordered my new Z520L with the new mercury about 3-weeks ago also. My prior Ranger was a 2017 Z520 and I’d only had it for 11-mths and it was in an auto accident. It took the insurance Co. 7 months to finally total my boat. So I’ve been without a boat all summer. Which hasn’t been to bad as I’ve had the opportunity to fish as a non boater all year and it hasn’t been to bad. So from here on out I’ll be on tackle warehouse, swimbait university and any other tackle shop that interests me. Also been watching a lot of fishing videos on YouTube. Doing a lot of surfing on the net looking and watching videos on the new motor and the new 520L as I’ve never seen the new boats yet. To say the least we are both probably equally excited!!!
    GOOD LUCK STAYING BUSY!!!!!

9. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    It was a tough wait when I ordered mine. I ordered it the first week of October 2017, picked it up first week of January 2018.

I giggled like a little girl when I saw it for the first time....

Post pics when you get her!

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Ordered mine second week of July , took delivery two weeks ago

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Question for you. When you ordered the boat did you do it through the website, phone, or in person? Also, is there a down payment amount they require? Thank you.
    so the build price is actually what you paid for it? just wondering...thanks

12. Member
    That's the biggest issue with ordering a new boat as the waiting SUCKS. All I can say is try to
    keep busy and not think about it. It's worse than being a kid and waiting for Christmas. Good Luck

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    10 weeks? I thought it was like 6 months for Mercs right now.
    I ordered a multi species the end of sept with the new 250 pro xs and I won’t see my boat until May. Guess that’s six months, but I winter in the south. lol

14. Member
    Contium,boat manufacturers have the motors,it's if your trying to buy the motor by itself is where you run into a wait,manufacturers have priority rite now so if you order a boat package it's not an issue......

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip-N-Lip View Post
    Lol I’m in the same boat. I just ordered my new Z520L with the new mercury about 3-weeks ago also. My prior Ranger was a 2017 Z520 and I’d only had it for 11-mths and it was in an auto accident. It took the insurance Co. 7 months to finally total my boat. So I’ve been without a boat all summer. Which hasn’t been to bad as I’ve had the opportunity to fish as a non boater all year and it hasn’t been to bad. So from here on out I’ll be on tackle warehouse, swimbait university and any other tackle shop that interests me. Also been watching a lot of fishing videos on YouTube. Doing a lot of surfing on the net looking and watching videos on the new motor and the new 520L as I’ve never seen the new boats yet. To say the least we are both probably equally excited!!!
    GOOD LUCK STAYING BUSY!!!!!
    Good luck to you as well. I guess my couple to three months is nothing compared to your 8-9. Wow!!! I'de go crazy. I'm right there with you as far as reading and searching. :)

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    It was a tough wait when I ordered mine. I ordered it the first week of October 2017, picked it up first week of January 2018.

I giggled like a little girl when I saw it for the first time....

Post pics when you get her!
    I know I'll be giggling. I'll definitely post pics when I bring her home.

17. Member
    Mine went in to full production 9-24-18 and it's on the truck headed this way bad part is it may sit at the dealership for a while waiting on the motor.There putting them out alot quicker since Triton has moved out so it may not be as long as you think congrats.......

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybobby View Post
    Mine went in to full production 9-24-18 and it's on the truck headed this way bad part is it may sit at the dealership for a while waiting on the motor.There putting them out a lot quicker since Triton has moved out so it may not be as long as you think congrats.......
    Awesome! Fingers crossed it will be here before Christmas. I guess one good thing about it maybe not getting here till after the 1st of the year is pretty much all the extras on the boat including the motor will probably have rebates and extended warranty offers then :)

I think those promos usually start up in January. Gotta find the positives ;)

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapwood2012 View Post
    Any suggestions on how to spend my time while the new Ranger is on order???? After leaving Ranger a few years ago to try something new (Legend V20) I'm heading back to Ranger. Can't wait to get the new 520L with the new Merc. I'm only 2 weeks in and it's killing me. :)
    Find a mistress, it's about the only thing distracting enough to keep you mind off waiting for the boat. Good luck!

20. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I bet the wait is a killer. Congrats and can't wait for pics.

Dale Sinclair original

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast